141753- Sacramento, CA
The Unit Manager is primarily responsible for the management and development of a group of Retail Coverage Merchandisers and/or Store Reset Specialists and Coordinators. The UM is responsible for representing ACOSTA and our principals through retail store coverage, set coverage, or coverage of special projects, and executing objectives as set forth by the principal, Business Manager, or the Sales Manager to achieve superior in-store results in assigned territories or stores.
- Deliver sales fundamentals (distribution, shelving, and merchandising) goals across all principals on agreed-to retail priorities.
- Continually improve sales results and productivity of the retail selling organization.
- Ensure company policies are followed by directly managed associates. This includes but is not limited to proper maintenance of all company owned equipment, accurate and timely expense reporting, and activity reporting within company guidelines.
- Work with clients to achieve in store results in line with client and company expectations.
- Collaborate with Sales Manager and clients on all major retail initiatives (new product introductions, contests, etc.).
- Communicate value added by ACOSTA retail to clients and team management.
- Utilize and fully understand Acosta retail reports and reporting systems. (MEI retail reports, Retail Scorecards, etc.)
- Serve as expert resource to Team Leader, General Manager and Business Managers on the effectiveness of both full-time and part-time sales personnel.
- Communicate retail territory responsibilities to the MEI admin team, to ensure accuracy in the reporting systems.
- Effectively and accurately use technology including MEI; communicate retail priorities and coverage analyses to maintain an effective feedback and measurement system.
- Request and analyze specific retail conditions information (through MEI, surveys, etc.) to develop data-based analyses and improve retail in-store presence results.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the personal development of Retail associates and conduct annual Performance Agreements.
- Train and develop full-time and part-time representatives.
- Understand and optimize selling effectiveness in assigned territories.
- Identify training needs, desired system and work process improvements, and maintain effective balance of store set/surge work and retail store coverage.
- Conduct on-going recruiting and retain members of the Retail selling organization.
- Maintain incident files for all Retail Coverage Merchandisers in accordance with company policy.
- Conduct all retail automobile inspections of assigned personnel.
- Responsible for special projects as requested by Sales Manager.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of three (3) years previous experience in food brokerage, retail and set environment required.
- Prior "lead" experience preferred.
- Basic Office (Outlook, Excel, Outlook) functionality comprehension required.
- Associate should be proficient in managing Outlook e-mail and calendar, as well as excel basic workbooks and pivot tables.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational and sales skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others.
- Must be able to operate to operate a computer, calculator, fax machine, telephone, paper cutter, copier, hammer, screwdriver, drill, case cutter, hand truck, and pallet jack.
- Must have a valid driver's license and must be able to drive a car for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to work in extremely cold environmental conditions (i.e. Refrigerated and freezer sections of retail stores).
- Must have access to the internet and an email address available.
Acosta Sales & Marketing - 16 months ago