Manages a unit within a department. Plans, organizes and develops goals and procedures for the unit. Represents the unit to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters. Supervises subordinate staff.
• Manage and direct COHS Technology Services (TS) including Desktop Support, Web Development, Classroom Support, Digital Signage, and Computer Labs.
• Manage Staff, including hiring, training, and discipline.
• Manage COHS TS Budget. Monitor DDIS deposits & ensure credit card PCI compliance.
• Approver for all COHS Technology Purchases.
• Represent COHS interests in University level technology functions.
• Provide systems administration for COHS servers, shared folders, and printers.
• Provide vision/leadership for classroom technology and train the faculty to use the equipment.
• Project Management – work with outside vendors/contractors, TTU personnel (Physical Plant, Telecommunications, IT Help Central, etc), and others to achieve specified goals.
• Manage electronic lock systems for classrooms and labs.
• Conduct annual property inventory for the COHS Deans Office umbrella (Dean’s Office, Student Services, Research Office, Curriculum Center and FCSE ).
• Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
• Network Site Coordinator for TTU Telecommunications Services.
• Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures.
• Consult with Faculty & Staff, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
• Stay abreast of advances in technology.
Bachelor’s degree plus three years supervisory experience; OR a combination of education and/or supervisory experience to equal seven years.
This is a Security Sensitive Level I Position: Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted.
• Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or equivalent technological field. Knowledge of computer hardware and software, principles and processes for providing customer services. Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Ability to establish a plan of action, prioritize and execute tasks effectively. Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Microsoft and/or other technical certifications.
• Knowledge of PC troubleshooting, website management, and A/V technology. Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with faculty and staff and maintaining them over time. Knowledge/experience with TTU TechBuy purchasing system.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the following with your application:
• Letter of Recommendation
• Professional References
• Sit, stand, walk, move about, drive, bend, stoop, or twist, climb ladders or step stools (ascend/descend), stairs (ascend/descend), reach outward, above and below shoulder, squat, crouch, kneel or crawl.
• Push/Pull MIN : 10lbs, MAX : 20lbs
• Lift MIN : 15lbs, MAX : 25lbs
• Carry MIN : 15lbs, MAX : 25lbs
Hourly Pay Range
17.79 - 30.77
Monthly Pay Range
3083.33 - 5333.33
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 18 months ago