The Unit Secretary acts as the primary clerical resource for the unit. Position duties and responsibilities include:
• Performs a range of clerical duties that support the operations of the unit.
• Acts as unit receptionist greeting and directing visitors.
• Assists in the ordering, receipt and storage of supplies.
• Assembles patient charts.
• Answers unit telephone, transferring calls, determining when staff members should be paged and taking and forwarding messages.
• Serves as an important link in the communication chain ensuring information is transmitted between nursing personnel, other hospital personnel, physicians, patients, family members and other guests.
• Assists in entering patient information in Meditech computer system.
• Maintains nursing station in neat and orderly manner.
• Completes special projects for unit director, supervisors and charge nurses.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
Required Qualifications include:
• Previous clerical experience.
• Previous experience as a Unit Secretary in a hospital setting preferred.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Familiarity with medical terminology.
• Computer literacy is preferred.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and some lifting.
HCA Inc - 2 years ago
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview...