The Unit Secretary provides a variety of clerical, customer service, computer and receptionist duties for clinical areas and is responsible for maintenance of a consistent patient medical record:
- Maintains a consistent Patient Medical Record.
- Monitors patient's chart electronically through Healthspan icons.
- Maintains paper chart forms and downtime charts, performs chart checks.
- Communicates with Healthcare providers concerning patient needs in the patient's chart electronically and in paper form.
- Performs Receptionist Duties and maintains professionalism for Nursing Units.
- Promotes customer service.
- Manages patients' needs through answering telephones, call lights, door bells, etc.
- Assists in maintaining orderly and professional environment at the nursing units
- Participates in Quality Improvement.
- Participates in problem solving resolution/data collection.
- Participates in cost savings activities.
- Employs safety practices for nursing unit.
- Participates in Continuing Education.
- Orients new staff and students to the unit.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 -6 months in a hospital setting employed as a Unit Secretary, Health Unit Coord, or Clinical Secretary with closely related responsibilities.
- Completion of Health Unit Coordinator certificate course preferred, experience in a similar role may be substituted.
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology required.
- Basic computer skills desirable.
For additional information, please contact Elizabeth Browning, Recruiter:
Tel: (252) 847-4843
Tel: (252) 847-9083
Vidant Medical Center - 10 months ago
As a regional healthcare system in eastern North Carolina, Vidant Medical Center works hard every day to improve the health of the 1.4...