- Handles a variety of secretarial, clerical, receptionist, and general office duties within a department or nursing unit to ensure smooth flow of information, documentation, and materials.
- Greets visitors, maintains files and records, expedites purchase and service orders and prepares related documents.
- Prepares, compiles and maintains patient records.
- Transcribes physicians' orders and creates, maintains and terminates patient charts.
- Obtains and files test results, lab reports, and treatments in charts.
- Ensures the integrity of the medical record, including patient identification on all chart forms.
- Ensures unit is appropriately supplied with the necessary forms and supplies.
- Answers and places telephone calls and pages personnel, other departments, and physicians.
- One year related experience or training in a secretarial role or currently enrolled in an accredited nursing school or medical professional healthcare program
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- High school diploma or equivalent
Capital Health - 10 months ago
Capital Health System (CHS) serves the residents of New Jersey's capital city through two hospitals -- Helene Fuld Medical Center and...