SUMMARY: To perform clerical, communication and administrative support necessary to the smooth operation of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
E-mail/Correspondence – Assist with e-mail requests & research. Research correspondence as needed.
- Filing, typing and other clerical duties as directed by Clinic Manager and other management staff.
· Check patient billing daily after entering patient insurance information, especially via scanning into the patient’s chart.
- Assist other staff as assigned by the Clinic Manager
- Answer phones, screen calls, take and deliver messages and place calls as directed or necessary
- Maintain accurate and complete patient record by entering information into the computer skillfully and accurately.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Scan documents into the computer and/or to the corporate office and index as required by the facility.
- Update all patient records as needed.
- Perform monthly audits on patient records to keep in compliance with Medicare.
- Keep separate files for deceased, transferred, transient or transplanted patients, as requested.
- Prepare materials for new patients.
- Purge patient files per protocol.
- Arrange patient transportation as needed and assist with physician appointments for patients
- Proactively monitor and order office and clinical supplies per facility protocol.
- Comply with company policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal regulations for patient care and services (CMS, HIPAA, OSHA or other governing agencies)
- Read, understand and follow company patient and employee policies and procedures including but not limited to HIPAA requirements
- Gather data for QAPI, CQI or other reports as directed by clinic manager
- Responsible for inventory in the clinic, including, but not limited to physical counts, tracking and entering usage, receiving and stocking. Note: This duty assignment may vary by clinic/market.
- Attend educational activities, in-services, and staff meetings as required.
- Knowledge of facility emergency plans and ability to act swiftly and confidently in an emergency.
- Able to work overtime with little or no notice
- Consistent, regular attendance as scheduled in compliance with attendance policies.
- Identify confidential information and maintain strict confidentiality of information
- Ability to lift minimum of 5 lbs. to a maximum of 25 lbs. and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching and use full range of body motions including continuous keyboarding and telephone use. Hearing must be adequate to handle high volume telephone call answering and response.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required. Medical secretary experience preferred.
Intermediate to advanced computer skills to include internet, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Office products.
Minimum typing speed of 40wpm.
Knowledge of purchasing and inventory control methodologies preferred.
Demonstrated abilities in basic clerical skills, filing (numeric and alpha) and all office machines.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to compose and write correspondence in a professional manner. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, families, and other employees.
Proficiency in application of mathematical skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, use of whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply understanding & logic to defined situations in the department; establish facts to arrive at valid conclusions; to interpret instructions and give consideration to abstract and concrete variables within a given situation.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current CPR certification
The physical requirements can vary. In general, the position requires the following activities:
· Ability to lift minimum of 5 lbs. to a maximum of 25 lbs. and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching and use full range of body motions including continuous keyboarding and telephone use. Hearing must be adequate to handle high volume telephone call answering and response.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job required tasks normally do not involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, but may require performing unplanned tasks or exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment and appropriate personal protection measures are required in those instances.
DSI Renal Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
DSI Renal is a leading provider of dialysis services in the United States to patients suffering from chronic kidney failure. We plan growth...