Responsible for assisting Senior Management with the overall operation of a quick service kiosk/ restaurant. Must have the ability to run a smooth and efficient shift.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Other duties will be assigned as needed) Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Interact with, direct and supervise employees on a daily basis in a fair and dignified manner.
- Assist with the interviewing, hiring, training, development and retention of qualified employees.
- Promote teamwork among co-workers and employees.
- Follow up with employees and co-workers to ensure completion of assigned projects.
- Identify, address and document individual employee performance problems according to standard operating procedure. Discipline and/or terminate as necessary according to LEYE procedures.
- Uphold applicable policies and requirements of employment laws.
- Become proficient in all job functions of both front and back of house employees.
- Organize and conduct periodic informational seminars for employees.
- Have thorough understanding of and practice LEYE Employee Handbook, employee benefits, and company philosophies.
- Assist with the scheduling, conducting, and documenting of employee reviews according to standard operating procedure.
- Complete projects as assigned in a timely manner.
- Perform varied duties to ensure proper restaurant operation according to standard operating procedure.
- Address customer complaints and problems effectively and courteously on an as needed basis.
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with difficult guests. Respond to their needs with patience and courtesy.
- Ensure adequate evening preparation levels based on business levels.
- Perform a pre-shift line check to ensure quality of all items.
- Perform a shift “walk through” in order to assess staffing, maintenance, cleanliness, zoning and any special needs.
- Complete opening sanitation checklist, assign sanitation projects to hourly staff and follow up with employees to ensure their completion.
- Maintain food quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Assist with the maintenance of portioning and product specification.
- Comprehend and adhere to all sanitation guidelines as prescribed by federal, state, and local regulations.
- Comply with all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Identify and communicate inventory and equipment needs to ordering manager.
- Communicate repair and maintenance needs to General Manager and/or appropriate repair source.
- Become proficient in the use of equipment and utensils related to the operation of the restaurant.
- Become proficient in the use of all restaurant computer equipment, including the Point of Sale system, Avero, TMX/LLMS, Open Table, Frequent Diner and Gift Certificate terminals, and credit card terminals.
- Responsible for the security of, and balancing and paring of all cash banks.
- Inventory and order appropriate restaurant supplies i.e. liquor, food, linen, paper goods, cleaning supplies, general restaurant supplies etc.
- Perform and extend an end of the month and/or weekly inventory.
- Lead by example.
- Prepare ingredients needed for recipes of menu items.
- Prepare food storage according to standard operating procedures.
- Assure and maintain food quality standards including consistency and presentation.
- Provide samples to guests and be able to describe dishes.
- Be able to perform functions contained in prep, line cook, receiver, counterperson and dishwasher job descriptions.
- Implement systems as designed by the central office.
- Move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces.
- Must wash hands regularly, according to guidelines.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
- Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers and guests.
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
- Maintain a positive pleasant, attitude every shift.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends and increased work schedules.
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels.
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
GENERAL RULES Must be willing and able to do the following:
Failure to abide by these and any other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject an employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Get along with others and be a team player.
- Follow all uniform and appearance guidelines as befitting the image of the restaurant for the duration of the shift.
- Refrain from smoking for the duration of the shift.
- Arrive to work on time and in ready to work condition.
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- May not work under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- May not resort to any type of violence, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test within 90 days of hire date, where applicable.
Accessibility varies by location
Big Bowl Chinese Express, a fast casual restaurant serving fresh Chinese and Thai food located in local Lunds & Byerly's stores, is now hiring restaurant managers also known as UNIT SUPERVISORS . Get in on the ground floor as we expand -- this opportunity has true growth potential! If you are a restaurant supervisor with a passion for food, "hands-on" culinary or line experience, and a drive to succeed in our industry, then we would love to consider you for this opportunity.
We offer competitive salaries, medical/dental insurance and prescription benefit, quarterly bonus structure, vision discount program, 401(k), dining discounts, qualified domestic partner benefits, and paid vacation. Also, we're committed to eco-friendly choices and self-sustaining practices. Read more at www.bigbowlchineseexpress.com
Experience with Asian cuisine is a huge plus. Culinary graduates are encouraged to apply.
- 1 year of restaurant supervisory experience preferred (fast casual/quick serve setting is ideal)
- “Hands-on" cooking/back of house experience
- Passion for food and cooking
- Friendly, upbeat attitude
- A desire to grow a restaurant career with Big Bowl Chinese Express
Big Bowl Chinese Express is a quick way to enjoy the same fresh and authentic Chinese food that made Big Bowl restaurants so popular. We use quality ingredients such as naturally-raised chicken and beef as well as fresh vegetables. We are firm believers that the best food is made from scratch with bold layers of flavor in every dish. Big Bowl Chinese Express allows shoppers to experience that freshness and restaurant-quality taste with the take-it-to-go convenience.
Lettuce Entertain You - 16 months ago
At Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants (LEYE), you'll get to use your talent in a company culture that rewards innovation and growth. We are a...