Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $5.7 billion in 2011. |
Under the direction of the Biologics Shipping Compliance Leader in the Biological Material Movement team within Seeds, Traits and Oils Quality Management, this individual oversees the process for movement of biological research materials to and from Dow AgroSciences Research and Development sites within the United States, to enable Dow AgroSciences Research and Development facilities to remain in compliance with state regulations and permit conditions.
- Independently review State regulations on a routine basis for updates or changes to regulations.
- Provide subject matter expertise to stakeholders on United States state regulations to enable compliant movement or release of biological material.
- Develop, implement, and maintain business standards, standard operating procedures and training materials, managing changes through the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Steward process for ensuring required State permits are obtained for intrastate movement, interstate movement, and environmental release of regulated biological material.
- Develop, deliver and maintain training for stakeholders to ensure their processes are compliant with State Agency regulations and Dow AgroSciences requirements.
- Solicit feedback on effectiveness of state permitting process annually, and incorporate suggestions into the work process.
- Conduct internal assessments of Unites States Dow AgroSciences research locations for compliance with State permit conditions and Dow AgroSciences business standards and standard operating procedures.
- Provide first point of contact for State agency inspectors for site inspections. Provide guidance to Dow AgroSciences researchers as they prepare for and participate in State agency inspections. Track State agency inspection locations and outcomes.
- Co-lead on-site inspections by governmental agencies.
- Implement formal process for state agency inspections, including checklists and communication plan.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis for compliance incidents to lead to continuous improvement of the program.
- Independently track reporting requirements and applicable permit conditions in Event & Action Tool.
- Participate as Compliance Coordinator to review and approve United States domestic shipments of biological research materials.
- Coordinate support for logistics needs, including facilitating processes for obtaining shipping information for biological materials, such as permit and phytosanitary certificate requirements.
- Develop, implement and manage internal assessment process for United States domestic shipments of biological research materials.
- Ensure shipping records are maintained in accordance with state agency regulations and Dow AgroSciences internal requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal scientists and State Agency contacts.
- Maintain permitting documentation in compliance with Records Retention guidelines.
AgCareers.com - 10 months ago
Dow AgroSciences is all about growth -- crop growth to be exact. The Dow Chemical subsidiary operates as part of its parent's...