Under general direction, while conforming to established policies and procedures, responsible for assisting walk-in and drive-up customers by providing high quality customer service and daily settlement principally for the following activities: processing deposit account and loan transactions, cashing checks, selling money orders and travelers’ checks, opening new accounts, handling IRA accounts, and maintaining account records. Under close supervision, is responsible for selling and cross-selling bank products and services to walk-in customers and prospects. Efforts should focus on building full banking relationships with current customers and prospects and seizing opportunities to promote, describe, sell, and cross-sell bank products and services.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Represents the bank to customers in a courteous and professional manner. Provides prompt, efficient and accurate service in promoting, selling and cross-selling bank products and processing teller transactions.
· Assists customers with financial needs by regularly promoting, describing, selling and cross-selling such bank services as installment loans, retirement accounts, certificate accounts, checking and savings accounts, safe deposit boxes, ATM, Online Banking, and automatic payments and withdrawals. Effectively answers inquiries regarding banking products, services, and other matters.
· Identifies and pursues opportunities to promote, describe, sell, and cross-sell the bank’s products and services. Directs customers to and assists customers with other departments for specialized services.
· Opens a variety of new checking and savings, certificate, and IRA accounts, and determines customers’ needs. Explains various account and ownership options, providing the counseling necessary to meet the stated needs, and obtaining the required information. Prepares all documents and paper work, assists customer with signing documents necessary to complete transactions, receives initial deposits and/or transfers funds from existing accounts, and enters transactions in customers’ account records.
· Processes a variety of complex account transactions. Receives cash and negotiable instruments for deposit, inspects and verifies negotiable instruments, verifies cash amounts received, accepts withdrawal authorizations, verifies signatures, investigates account holds, and obtains necessary authorizations. Explains penalty interest, ensures accuracy of cash amounts paid out, prepares checks or money orders, etc.
· Receives payments on loan accounts. Inspects and verifies negotiable instrument and cash offered for payment, ensures that payment equals coupon amount, verifies acceptance, and obtains proper authorization of amounts less than the coupon amount. Enters payments received into the bank’s records via on-line computer terminal.
· Manages currency levels within established limits.
· Balances daily transactions and assists other tellers in balancing daily transactions, verifying tickets, counting cash and daily balancing of the teller area. Helps tellers with complex work related matters, i.e. check cashing, loan set-ups and interest penalties.
· Stays advised of new developments in bank products and services. Is knowledgeable about bank products and services currently available.
· Performs a variety of additional customer service transactions, such as accepting stop-payment orders. Closes out rentals of safe deposit boxes, handles wire transfer authorizations, and sets up such tasks as pre-authorized transactions, direct deposits, and change of address.
· Handles a variety of administrative tasks to include maintaining branch records and files, ordering supplies, verifying incoming cash shipments, assisting with ATM related transactions and activities, assisting tellers in complex transactions, providing on the job training for Tellers and other Customer Service Representatives, promoting security awareness, fraud prevention and audit procedures and other administrative responsibilities as assigned by management.
· Responsible for complying with the various rules, regulations, policies and ethical standards governing the financial services industry including compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
· A high school education or equivalent and successful completion of teller training courses.
· Six months to one year experience in a sales or teller function.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to work the Teller Line and the Customer Service Desk
· Effective sales and customer service skills
· A high level of interpersonal skills necessary to represent the bank in a positive manner in dealing with customer/teller transactions
· Good mathematical and critical thinking skills
· Ability to stand for extended periods
· Knowledge of an on-line teller terminal and other standard office equipment to include calculators and typewriting/PC keyboards
· Ability to withstand a high degree of pressure. Exposed to robbery, a potentially hazardous condition. Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed to minimize risk.
· Ability to function as an effective team member
ROUTINE DECISIONS AND FORMAL POLICY SETTING
· Determine which products or services best meet customer needs.
· Formally responsible for providing input into policies associated with the job’s purpose and essential responsibilities.
The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Cardinal Bank - 30+ days ago