Role Description: Provide consistent and accurate customer banking transactions, identify additional customer needs for bank products/services, and recommend/sell products and services when appropriate. Perform teller duties or personal banking duties depending on branch staffing needs. Provide quality service and facilitate the development of lasting relationships throughout every customer contact in order to meet Retail Banking's Customer Experience objectives.
1. Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
2. Perform teller duties as assigned. Provide ongoing customer-focused service and sales support to customers while accurately processing all customer transactions in accordance with established RDG policies and procedures, as well as applicable laws and regulations. (Daily and Ongoing)
3. Perform personal banking duties as assigned, with an emphasis on servicing and selling deposit products. Identify opportunities to cross-sell and refer FNBO/FNNI products and services to existing and potentially new customers in support of customer retention, expansion and the sales/revenue goals of the branch.(Ongoing)
- Meet and/or exceed defined standards of quality/customer satisfaction, focused on the preferred sales and customer experience criteria documented by management observation
- Meet and/or exceed defined standards of quantity with regard to the number of customer interactions/transactions completed on a daily basis
- Meet and/or exceed defined standards of accuracy with regard to individual transactions and ongoing balancing of assigned cash drawer according to established cash handling and balancing procedures. (Daily)
4. Participate in training and cross-training activities to support the development of competent peers and back-ups. (As assigned by Manager)
- Contribute to the overall success of FNNI by actively listening and referring customers to alternative products/services offered that will help them be introduced to the banking industry and help them build a foundation and trust with First National Bank. (Ongoing)
- Open and service all available deposit products.
- Do limited lending via the processing of line of credit applications.
- Research and identify the appropriate division/department offering products and/or services that meet the customer's needs.
- Refer customers to the appropriate individuals/departments that sell those products and services.
- Follow-up with both customer and internal contact to verify that opportunity is being pursued within two weeks of referral.
- Process lending requests and applications as required
- Adhere to scorecard performance expectations and meet required sales and service production levels. Refer to performance scorecard for specific goals and expectations.
5. Conduct Site operational support duties as assigned by Manager. Such as:
- Meet training, job skill, and performance measurements as outlined by manager. (Ongoing)
- Assist in the induction and orientation of new team members.
- Assist in the training of new team members on the referral process, branch operations support tasks and the selling of Retail Banking products and services.
- Cross-train with Branch Admin personnel and maintain a working knowledge of the Role.
6. Understand and comply with the bank's BSA/AML Program, which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Assist with the development of Teller work schedules.
- Conduct the opening and closing of Branch offices.
- Stocking and reporting on Site supplies.
- Assist in maintaining audit logs per defined transactional and operational procedures.
- Maintain clean work areas and Site common areas.
7. Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
- Complying with the bank's Customer Identification Program and Customer Due Diligence Policy;
- Identifying, monitoring and reporting suspicious activity;
- Filing appropriate regulatory reports, such as CTRs or SARs, as required;
- Maintaining accurate and appropriate records and documentation in support of the bank's BSA/AML Program; and
- Completing BSA/AML training in a timely manner as directed by management
- Complete special projects as assigned within allotted time frames.
- Exercise a willingness to be a resource to colleagues.
- Practice RDG values and support the goals and strategic plan.
- Work collaboratively with branch staff, other FNBO departments, and customers
- Demonstrate commitment and dependability with regular, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Project a professional image in dress, manner, and communication. (Ongoing)
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Education and Physical Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous cash handling experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. If at any time First National determines that this position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds desired.
- Previous Teller or Personal Banker experience.
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated referral sales skills.
Link to our Benefits
Link to our Home Page
First National of Nebraska, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
At First National Bank Omaha we realize everyone has different needs in a checking account - that's why we've designed a variety of checking...