The Universal Banker is a dual purpose role which requires an associate to fulfill the responsibilities of both a Teller and a Relationship Banker. The time spent in each role will be determined by the needs of the branch and may vary. The Universal Banker is responsible for advising clients in their selection of financial service products and services, and processing transactions. Will expand existing client relationships and develop new relationships by being viewed as a trusted advisor with clients and follow sound, ethical banking practices and adhere to regulations and procedures.
Accurately process deposits and withdrawals for consumer and business clients.
Cashes checks, processes savings withdrawals and cash advances.
Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash provided from/returned to the vault.
Issues official checks, traveler’s checks, gift cards, and other instruments and process tax payments, change orders, foreign currency, loan payments, and safe deposit box payments.
Perform safe deposit duties.
Assists in opening and closing the branch and vault daily; assists in balancing vault currency and coin; balances ATM.
Proactively advises consumer and business clients in their selection of various accounts, loans and other products and financial services utilizing the Johnson Bank Relationship Review and other tools.
Proactively manages a self-developed pipeline of clients and prospects to uncover current and future needs.
Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business partners to expand customer relationships across all lines of business.
Meets or exceeds client retention goals.
Perform proactive customer needs assessments on a regular basis.
This position is located at our Madison-East office, which is on 5201 E. Terrace Drive in Madison, WI.
- Minimum 2 years successful sales experience in a goal-oriented environment.
- One year teller and one year personal banker experience preferred; College degree or relevant work experience may be considered as a substitute for teller/banking experience.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed goals.
- National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration required (preferred upon employment).
- Exhibits the following:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid problem solving and decision making ability.
- Skilled at ‘learning on the fly‘-is a versatile and relentless learner.
- High School diploma required; advanced training/education preferred .
Johnson Financial Group is the holding company for Johnson Bank, which has more than 50 offices in Wisconsin and Arizona. Serving consumers...