Under the direction of the District Manager:
· Manage a territory of on-premise accounts including product sales and service at a level commensurate with best practices in the market. Concentration is on high traffic restaurants and clubs that are highly promotion-oriented accounts. The overall goal is to dominate the account gaining control over the well, back bar, drink/wine lists, in-account promotions and merchandising for Spirits, and, where appropriate, wine as well.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare professional product and promotion presentations focusing on features/benefits.
· Identify all selling opportunities and needs for spirits and wine at the account level
· Conduct staff training on product knowledge and selling techniques
· Conduct professional spirits and wine tastings both formal and informal.
· Participate in special events and trade shows (e.g., promotions, inventories, community events).
· Stay current on industry trends and publicity.
· Work with suppliers on key account calls focusing in on their efficient and effective resource allocation.
· Understand and implement the weekly preplan process to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the sales call process. Set S.M.A.R.T. objectives.
· Achieve assigned selling and merchandising goals
· Write and Re-write wine lists where appropriate
· Project inventory needs and communicate them to the Sales Supervisor or Sales Manager to reduce out of stocks
· Maintain a professional appearance (behavior and attire) and work habits conducive to meeting personal and professional goals and objectives – as should be clearly stated.
· Demonstrate company loyalty. Cooperate with and assist peer and other dependents in attaining each other’s objectives.
· Attend scheduled sales meetings
· Complete reports, surveys and other special reports as assigned by Sales Supervisor.
· Conduct all business in strict conformance to local, state and federal rules and laws.
· High School diploma required. College degree preferred.
· Strong communication skills – verbal, presentation and writing.
· Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license. Willingness to travel within the sales territory.
· Ability to lift 50lbs on a regular basis.
Sales On Premise
Glazer's - 14 months ago
Glazer's Wholesale Drug Company, named during Prohibition when only drugstores and drug wholesalers could deal in liquor, is a...