Would you consider yourself an expert in building relationships? Do you believe that education transforms lives? If so, this could be your big opportunity to shine!
Our Admission’s Department is looking for an expert University Advisor to support and encourage students towards academic success. This position will collaborate with various Student Facing Departments within the organization to ensure students have the resources they need to enroll and work towards the ultimate goal of graduation.
The University Advisor position is a full-time employment opportunity. Reporting to the Director of University Advisement, this is a full-time, non-exempt position located in one of the following locations:
• San Diego, California
• Denver, Colorado
• Clinton, Iowa
• Some off-site locations in Arizona.
This position will represent the University by recruiting and enrolling online students for undergraduate and/or graduate degree programs. The University Advisor position is an individual contributor role responsible for recruitment and persistence of a student case load by providing superior student support to ensure a positive student experience, fulfillment of all defined procedural requirements, monitoring performance, and reporting results to provide input to management related to performance optimization. The University Advisor must possess a sincere passion for changing lives and an eagerness to help others achieve lifelong goals while supporting the mission of the University.
Essential Job Duties:
Managing Student Population (85%)
• Maintain active engagement with students through effective and personalized communication, while assessing the student’s likelihood of success and service level needed
• Create and execute a daily strategic plan of activities including database management, effective call strategy and personal goal setting that will help prospective students through the enrollment process and also assist their current case load of students persist through their coursework
• Counsel prospective students on the admissions process and opportunities available at Ashford University including accurately conveying course and program information, including advising students with respect to admission processes and degree options. Advisement shall be accurate and consistent with the academic catalogs, materials disseminated by the University and/or university websites
• Maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in every interaction with students and/or fellow employees
• Demonstrate a capacity to align students’ goals with the proper degree program
• Provide oversight for the student’s educational career throughout the student’s first four courses within the first 6 months to ensure student success
• Ability to learn about the admissions process and administration quickly as well as the ability to remain current and adapt to changes that may occur
• Make outbound phone calls to prospective and current students who have expressed interest or are enrolled in AU’s degree programs
• Closely monitor student attendance and grades in database to assure persistence and progression
• Work with all internal staff to ensure a flawless enrollment process for our students
Training / Professional Development (15%)
• Develop and maintain competitive knowledge on the Education industry, technology and related fields
• Participates in personal development opportunities and requirements including educational programs for employees.
• Participate and successfully complete all required company and University training.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Must speak clearly, precisely and work well under pressure
• University Advisor will be held accountable for planning one’s own workday/workweek
• Schedule is a minimum of 40 hours in a work week, with no less than 25 hours at the associates assigned work location
• Responsible for accurately tracking work hours within the ADP timekeeping system
• Have flexibility in their schedule, knowing that at times prospects are best contacted outside of the hours of 8am to 5pm
• Self-starter with the motivation to stay focused on recruiting and retaining students
• Must exercise discretion when dealing with students and confidential information
• Adhere to all company and Universities policies and compliance standards
• Ability to accept and implement coaching and feedback
• Other duties consistent with this position as assigned
Commitment to Mission: Competencies which align with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Accountability & Dependability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and the quality and consistency of work related behaviors.
• Drive & Initiative: Goal oriented; concerned with achievement and improvement.
Communication: Competencies which align with the Core Value of Service through verbal and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Communicating Effectively: Practices active listening, is able to write clearly and professionally, and speak to others appropriately and professionally.
Personal Planning: Competencies that align with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Organizing & Priority Setting: Creates and utilizes systems designed to enhance organization and planning to enhance performance.
Service: Competencies which encompasses the University’s core value of service; including service to the organization, customer and community.
• Job Knowledge: Possesses and effectively applies the knowledge required of the position.
• BA/ BS degree required from a Regionally or approved Nationally accredited university. All candidates must provide proof of official transcripts upon request.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...