Jan 16, 2013
Feb 16, 2013
Headquartered in Wilmington, Del., Barclaycard US creates customized, co-branded credit card programs for some of the country's most successful travel, entertainment, retail, affinity and financial institutions. The business employs 1,300 associates.
Barclaycard, part of Barclays Global Retail Banking division, is a leading global payment business that helps consumers, retailers and businesses to make and accept payments flexibly, and to access short-term credit when needed.
The company is one of the pioneers of new forms of payments, and is at the forefront of developing viable contactless and mobile payment options for today and cutting edge forms of payment for the future. It also issues credit and charge cards to corporate customers and the British Government. Barclaycard partners with a wide range of organizations across the globe to offer their customers or members payment options and credit.
Barclaycard operates in the United States, Europe, Africa and the Middle and Far East
- Basic competency with AIX and Red Hat Linux to perform all day-to-day task
- 24x7 on call production support of all Unix Hosted applications
- Hardware and software support and administration of system applications bundled with the respective Operating System.
- Provide root cause analysis of production issues, investigation & implementation of security initiatives
- Basic hardware installation tasks
- Disk space management
- Ability to manage and troubleshoot user access
- Planning and implementing single system installations
- Compliance with all company security policies and procedures
- Relevant systems administration background
- Experience with Red Hat Linux and / or IBM AIX a plus
- Familiarity with banking requirements for IT preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to display strong sense of urgency
- Project management skills a plus
BarclayCard - 13 months ago
Raising the bar for global finance, Barclays owns one of Europe's largest banks, a top market-making investment bank, the top UK credit...