Berico Technologies is seeking talented Unix Administrators to support a fast-paced, high impact technical environment. The candidate for this position will be performing an essential role on a very selective team working to provide technical solutions and expertise to our Customer. This role will affect a wide scope of mission critical programs across several federal agencies.
Do you want the opportunity to apply your skills to solve meaningful challenges? Would you like to contribute to a team where your work will make a difference and your expertise is valued? If yes, then we would love to hear from you! This is your opportunity to both learn and lead while getting your hands dirty with exciting technologies and leaving your mark on a game-changing IC program. It is also a unique chance to join one of the ten best companies in the Washington, DC area (according to the Washington Business Journal).
Based on role and level of experience, the Unix Administrator will perform some or all of the following functions:
- Plan, test, install, and integrate new and upgraded versions of the relevant operating systems on organizational computer systems, all third-party software components, and subsystems
- Develop test plans and procedures
- Test and integrate software and hardware
- Manage software life cycles
- Establish development, testing, staging, and operating environments
- Design interfaces to external systems
- Maintain and consult for relevant operating systems on organizational computer systems, all third-party software components, and subsystems
- Research and resolve systems software problems efficiently and accurately while adhering to internal software management standards and procedures
- Troubleshoot problems that may involve applications and the network
- Provide technical support to applications and utility developers on requirements for integration into the operating environment
- Maintain and update documentation on the operating systems configuration
Experience with some or all of the following is highly desired:
- Backup or archival software — Acronis Recovery Expert; Backup and archival software; Systems and data disaster recovery software; VERITAS NetBackup
- Data base management system software — Database management software; Microsoft SQL Server; Quest Central; Sybase Replication Server
- Development environment software — C; Microsoft Visual Basic; Prolog; Restructured extended executor REXX
- Metadata management software — AllFusion ERwin Data Modeler; Data modeling software; IBM Rational Data Architect; Visual Paradigm DB Visual ARCHITECT
- Object or component oriented development software
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US Citizenship Required
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer