NEP, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is the #1 provider of total broadcast solutions in the growing live sports and entertainment markets throughout the U.S. and U.K. The Company designs and delivers customized, mission-critical mobile broadcast services to its clients through superior engineering expertise, innovative technologies and state-of-the-art equipment that is the largest and most diverse in the industry. NEP’s experienced team of engineering professionals and its relentless dedication to its clients’ success have resulted in longstanding relationships with many of the world’s largest and most influential television networks, production companies and live event organizers.
Founded in 1986, NEP pioneered the evolution of the live broadcast industry by recognizing the value it could provide to clients by providing a greater level of engineering expertise and service than could be provided in-house. Since its inception, NEP has developed a unique, complementary set of capabilities by leveraging its talented professionals, developing in-house technologies and solutions and executing strategic acquisitions. NEP’s unparalleled engineering expertise, service and scale have positioned the Company as the only provider capable of delivering the required level of service for some of the highest profile live sports and entertainment events. NEP also provides production services and control room functions for entertainment events and unscripted broadcast programs such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno .With a track record of consistently delivering the highest quality of service, NEP is regarded as the industry’s ‘gold standard’. NEP’s blue-chip client list includes all of the major U.S. networks and cable channels, Sky Broadcasting in the U.K., as well as entertainment programs such as The Daily Show and Conan O’Brien .
NEP has a winning culture that aligns the team around a common Purpose focused on achieving client satisfaction, employee satisfaction and financial growth. This Purpose is supported by strong company Values centered on delivering superior service.
Our goal is to be industry leaders, dedicated to our clients’ success, engaged in creating a great place to work while delivering sustainable financial growth. In these efforts, we will operate in a manner that leverages our scale to service clients yet remains flexible and entrepreneurial based on our company roots.
NEP is owned by Crestview Partners, a private equity firm headquartered in New York, and management. For more information, please visit our website at www.nepinc.com .
The purpose of this position is to provide systems administration and management to the various Unix based systems of our information technology infrastructure that currently supporting 800+ employees along with technical support to employees and contractors within the company across all divisions and locations.
- Maintain a multi-server, multi-location network in a mixed OS environment with 99.6% uptime across all locations.
- Responsible for all systems administration duties including but not limited to architecture, maintenance, and support of primarily Unix based applications, database, file, web and email servers.
- Conduct performance monitoring and provide appropriate system modifications to guarantee responsive system uptime and performance, including s ystem failure analysis and recovery and insuring the consistency and integrity of file systems.
- Test and deploy relevant software updates at most current and stable releases including the ability to w rite scripts to automate administration tasks.
- Coordinate the implementation of computer systems with company personnel and outside vendors.
- Responsible for all supporting upgrades and preventive maintenance to the LAN/WAN.
- Provide 1st tier technical support to employees and contractors.
- Generate, maintain and resolve trouble tickets for issue and responses in a timely manner.
- Provide phone, in-person and remote support to employees and contractors in the areas of e-mail, directories, standard Windows and MAC desktop applications, along with other 3rd party and in-house applications.
- Assist in the management of the daily backup of critical systems and monitor the performance and resources of the system network.
- Work nights, weekends as required.?
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with maintaining all aspects of a Unix system administration, however a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Hands on experience with LINUX/UNIX systems (RedHat, Ubuntu, BSD) including the deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols, script writing and maintenance skills administrative familiarity with relevant technologies.
- Strong aptitude in DNS, NFS, Samba, MySQL, Apache, SSH, SSL, PHP, Shell, Perl, Nagios, PRTG
- LAN/WAN network experience utilizing Cisco and Cisco VPN technologies.
- Must have an excellent grasp of Active Directory, NAS/SAN, Citrix/Terminal Services, Virtualization (VMWare), Cloud (Amazon) and Barracuda network appliances.
- Strong experience with system management tools, logical file systems and client/server environments.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills along with well-developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be w illing and able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs., and be willing to seek assistance for anything over 50 lbs.
NEP Broadcasting, LLC - 20 months ago