Connect with one of the best companies to work for in Northeast Ohio! Applied Industrial Technologies is a 12-time winner of the Northcoast 99 best places to work in Cleveland . We are an established organization committed to the Cleveland community, listed on the New York Stock Exchange. We offer free parking, subsidized benefits including health care, vision, & dental, 401(k) with company match, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, tuition reimbursement, and career development opportunities
We are seeking an experienced Unix System Administrator. This is a technical hands-on position for a self-motivated administrator who will be an integral part of our Unix services team. The team is responsible for supporting Applied’s critical business systems like SAP. This position requires hands on experience designing, configuring, and supporting complex Unix systems, and will work in conjunction with our SAP Basis administration team as we continue to roll out SAP across the enterprise..
This is a permanent, full time employee opportunity located at our global corporate headquarters in Midtown Cleveland.
Job responsibilities include:
- Design, configure, and support complex Unix systems including high-availability and disaster recovery
- Perform routine maintenance patch installation
- Perform systems management functions and monitoring, performance analysis, workload balancing, and tuning
- Perform system troubleshooting, analysis, and problem resolution
- Create and monitor procedures for system backup, restore, and recovery
- Fully document all procedures and policies associated with Unix Administration
- Participate and support disaster recovery initiatives and change management standards and procedures
- Interact in a cross-team capacity to meet operational and needs
- Mentor other project team members in areas of expertise
Applied Industrial Technologies - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. (Applied) is a North American distributor of industrial products. The Company also provides fluid...