For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation’s defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech is seeking a Unix System Administrator.
The Unix System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. The SA ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation, Planning, Implementation, and Operations phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design, testing, and operations.
Participation on projects may include and phase from initiation to operations. Understanding of networked environments and associated protocols (e.g., TCP/IP), facilitating database connectivity, establishing security certifications (TLS, SSL), establishing DNS support, and frequent interaction with data center / developer personnel is expected.
Equivalent Experience/Education Years of Experience 11-13 years w/High School Diploma
- Five years of system administration experience and 2 years of relevant experience in Linux/Solaris.
- Proficiency in managing Linux/Solaris Systems.
- Familiarity with Oracle DBs and PL/SQL.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and User/System Authentication.
- Ability to configure and manage networks.
- Experience configuring server hardware and software Qualifications Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience. Additional Qualifications Secret clearance on date of hire Degrees Bachelor's Degree
05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree
02-04 years w/Masters Degree Position Type FT