Unix Systems Administrator
Posted Date 4/2/2013
Cost Center 025 Category Corporate IT
About the Job
We are looking for a Unix Systems Administrator how can work in a dynamic environment. You will be responsible for designing and implementing Data Protection and backup solutions that supports Akamai’s internal Systems.
About the Team
The team is a global group of highly technical engineers and systems administrators that support Akamai’s Corporate Linux and storage environments.
- Provide on-going administration and Tier3 support of Backup environment.
- Act as an escalation point for the operations team and helpdesk for data protection issues.
- Maintain Akamai’s NetBackup environment and components (servers, tape silos and Disk arrays).
- Provide updates and enhancements to the Akamai’s Data protection environments.
- Use our system resource utilization and monitoring tools to identify potential problem areas before they result in incidents.
- Work with other team members to monitor and review system capacity and design upgrade path’s.
- Automation of tasks using with Perl and Shell scripts.
- 3+ Years experience managing Symantec NetBackup environments across multiple locations.
- 5+ years experience managing Tape silo and LTO technologies.
- 5+ years experience with Backup and Recovery protocols (File, Database, NDMP, RMAN, snapshots)
- 5+ Years experience managing Disk based backup systems.
- A 4-year college degree.
- Familiarity with Oracle RMAN backup integration.
- Familiarity with Red Hat and Debian Linux distributions.
- Working knowledge of VMWARE, LINUX and Windows 2008
- 2 years experience with NFS Version 4 production.
- Programming experience in Perl and Shell scripting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written); capable of writing systems documentation and procedures; a disciplined approach to change management processes.
- A can-do and enthusiastic attitude toward work and customers.
- Familiarity with most operating system commands/utilities on Linux (Red Hat, Debian) and SUN Solaris.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills for both system performance and connectivity issues.
- A well organized self-starter who delivers assigned work on schedule while managing multiple tasks under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
No one carries more of the world's Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you’re helping some of the world’s best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture that’s extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai – leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.
Akamai - 8 months ago