Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and upgrade of Unix/linux systems as a
member of the Systems Operations team. Implement and document system enhancements that will
improve the reliability and performance of the systems infrastructure. Perform daily operations
as required to maintain an efficient working environment.
• Assists in the design, deployment and maintenance of all Unix-based systems for Lucasfilm companies.
• Acts as a liaison for Lucasfilm with outside systems vendors to obtain service and support for Unix systems.
• Participate in the upgrade, maintenance and administration of all production network backup systems in a heterogeneous client/server environment .
• Troubleshoot, track and resolve issues for both servers and clients.
• Writes scripts to automate tasks and control operations in a large production environment.
• Monitors storage and networking performance and works with a team to recommend best configurations for the environment.
• Recommend the best technology possible to solve a problem or project, regardless of brand, vendor, or platform. Remains open to non-traditional solutions.
• Documents all processes, procedures and operations for both internal needs and end users when required .
• Liaison with managers and systems administrators to meet the highest demands of the system uptime .
• Participate in periodic off-hours downtime performing upgrades, installations, etc.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• BS/CS or 3 years experience with UNIX (Solaris and Linux preferred) system administration, operating system support .
• Programming skills in administrative languages, PYTHON and PERL is a plus.
• Understanding of network protocols required.
• Knowledge and exposure to multi-terabyte SAN infrastructure a plus.
Lucasfilm Ltd. is one of the world's leading film and entertainment companies. Founded by George Lucas in 1971, it is a privately held,...