iPass changes the economics of enterprise mobility and revolutionizes the connectivity experience. At iPass we strive to be the voice of the enterprise in the mobility space by providing services that simply, smartly and openly facilitate access from any device on any network, while providing the visibility and control necessary to support the demands of the enterprise customer. Founded in 1996, iPass products and services transparently facilitate every connection, regardless of underlying network or device; provide the enterprise with carrier independence and reduce lock-in costs; and give the enterprise a new level of choice and control to drive down costs and maintain security in a world where consumers drive enterprise IT. With 3,500 enterprise customers worldwide, including more than 370 of the Forbes Global 2000, iPass is a leading provider of enterprise mobility services. Headquartered in Redwood Shores, Calif., iPass (NASDAQ: IPAS) is a publicly traded company.
This position is for a member of the production team responsible for the implementation, operation, administration and maintenance of web servers, we applications and their content providing 24x7x365 availability to customers. The candidate will be a member of a core team sharing on-call rotation. This position requires close collaboration with other internal iPass groups including but not limited to Engineering, Marketing, Billing and Operations, etc.
Systems Engineering is based out of two offices in the US and India. The two offices work together to provide 24x7x360 support to all iPass services, which are hosted in multiple, geographically distributed data centers. The successful candidate will be based in Redwood Shores, CA, US and will report to the manager of Systems Engineering.
Detailed Experience/Skills Required
- Required BSCS or equivalent in Computer Engineering, C/S or related field
- 2 + years of Unix (Solaris or Linux) System Administration
- Experience in running and troubleshooting SQL queries in various DBs (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server 2000)
- Experience with various web applications such as Apache, JRun, JServ, JBoss, Tomcat and Oracle Application Server
- Strong scripting skills, including sh, PERL, php, et. al.
- Knowledge of Java programming language
- Working experience on tier web application design
- Capable of developing a Web application using LAMP environment
- Must be familiar Content Management procedures
- Knowledge of basic networking, knowledge for web environments
- Experience with Single Sign On portal technology
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Experience with the Agile method a plus
- High aptitude and a willingness and a desire to learn
- Excellent analytical and problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be a strong team player and have a good work ethic
iPass Inc. - 18 months ago