The Marketing & Communications Intern is a temporary, unpaid position. The position is designed as a professional learning experience with a commitment of approximately 10-20 hours a week for roughly 3-6 months, based on availability. The Marketing & Communications intern will be responsible for assisting the Marketing & Communications Coordinator with writing and editing print, electronic, and social media copy. Great job training and experience. Can tailor internship for college credit.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in the development of new marketing materials and media strategies
• Write, edit and design weekly internal communication channel, the ePulse
• Assist with Social Media efforts (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Yelp, FourSquare)
• Write and edit stories for Marketing Materials, like newsletters and staff bios
• Research, create and coordinate marketing efforts of patient success stories
• Assist in coordination of public engagement activities (5K, special events, ect…)
Required Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission of the Lawndale Christian Health Center
2. Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
3. Attention to detail
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and internet research
5. Experience with web content management systems and email marketing a plus
6. Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural, fast-paced setting
7. Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of health care professionals
8. Completing coursework towards a bachelor's degree or recent college graduate in the field of Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising or Journalism and interested in non-profit sector or community health.
Required Knowledge, Experience, or Licensure/Registration
Completing coursework towards a bachelor's degree or recent college graduate in the field of Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising or Journalism and interested in non-profit sector or community health.
Lawndale Christian Health Center - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard