Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced helicopters for commercial, industrial and military uses. Sikorsky helicopters are used by all five branches of the United States armed forces, along with military services and commercial operators in more than 40 nations. Based in Stratford, Connecticut, USA, Sikorsky has outlying facilities in other Connecticut locations as well as in Florida and Alabama.
Sikorsky Global Helicopters is currently recruiting for Upholstery Technicians.
1. Fabricate and install seat covers & various assemblies and subassemblies. Interpret material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail.
2. Work independently to design, fabricate, and install upholstery and trim items in aircraft interiors. Assemble and sew custom aircraft seats.
3. Remove and replace aircraft seats to include physical tear-down of current seating and other interior upholstery.
4. Assist Shop Lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance and direction to co-workers. Mentor and train other Upholstery Technicians.
5. Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
6. Other duties as assigned.
HS diploma or equivalent required. Some technical school preferred. (a2Minimally 2 years of sewing experience required.
(a2Demonstrate good communication skills, including good verbal and written communication abilities.
(a2Capable of working with others and learn at an accelerated rate.
(a2Knowledge of helicopters is desirable but not required.
(a2Some computer skills are desirable.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
United Technologies - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Russian-born helicopter pioneer Igor Sikorsky is long dead, but helicopters bearing his name still soar the skies. A subsidiary of United...