TITLE: STORE MERCHANDISING MANAGER
REPORTS TO: District Merchandising Manager
Through the presentation and placement of merchandise, create a customer experience that is inspiring, dynamic and entertaining for our customers. Partner with the Store Manager and District Merchandising Manager to analyze business needs weekly and set the highest standard possible for visual excellence. Ensure appropriate feedback and guidance is given in order to execute employee development. Builds community relationships the directly reflect the Urban culture.
* Two to three years of retail management experience with creative interests or a background in Fine Arts or Design
* An understanding of the Urban Outfitters culture and its appeal to the local market
* Ability to drive sales through excellent service, strong visual presentation, and a full understanding of their business
* Strong record of developing talented individuals at the Team Leader level and above
PEERS TEACHING PEERS:
Urban Outfitters develops and remains creative by one person's idea that is shared. Great ideas frequently come from the Store Manager/Store Merchandising Manager partnership in our stores; together they are the foundation of the creative process and they are the pioneers in developing the Urban environment. It is essential that together Store Manager/Store Merchandising Manager share their ideas so that we as a company can continuously foster an environment of 'peers teaching peers'.
The Store Management Team and the Visual Team will receive a bonus by achieving the quarterly sales goal and payroll plan. The bonus is based on the employee's annual salary, and is payable on a quarterly basis.
MERCHANDISING AND DISPLAY:
* Interpret current fashion trends in the overall brand and in local markets in order to generate creative solutions and sales
* Actively seek outside inspiration and apply personal talent to develop and contribute unique perspectives to the overall display concept
* Consistently lead and collaborate with the Display Artist and Merchandising Associate, which results in innovative and timely project execution
* Proactively manage and have ultimate accountability for the floor set process through effective planning, detailed mapping, clean execution and timely completion
* Show understanding of customer through creative photo layouts
In conjunction with Store Manager:
* Support sales generation by creating an environment that highlights the appearance of the product and reflects the customer's lifestyle and interests
* Facilitate an efficient shipment processing system in which merchandise is placed promptly in order to maximize sales
* Give clear direction for executing proper promotion and markdown placement
* Maintain an organized office, signage storage area and fixture room
* Assist in achieving the store shrinkage goal through strategic placement of merchandise and organization of the product both on the floor and in back-stock.
* Partner with the Store Manager in facilitating the relationship between the management and visual teams to enhance the store environment
* Coach team members on merchandise placement, merchandising standards and business analysis
* Develop Display Artist and Merchandising Team Leader by setting obtainable goals and providing constructive feedback
* Recruit, mentor and train talented individuals for advancement into the visual side of the organization
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION:
* Effectively delegate projects while at the same time allowing others the creativity to succeed by making their own decisions
* Communicate merchandising concepts and trends to the team through meetings, weekly walkthroughs and inspiration boards
* Inspire others to work toward a common, collaborative goal by sharing inspiration, new ideas and pertinent information from the Home Office with team members
MANAGING THE ENVIRONMENT:
* Create a whole sensory experience that appeals to the customer emotionally through the presentation and placement of product and the selection of music
* Take a proactive approach to planning and executing all merchandising projects to ensure that the store environment remains safe, clean and organized
* Actively participate in daily meetings by contributing new product knowledge, setting daily merchandising tasks and sharing merchandising updates
* Uphold the Company's Mystery Shop standards and maintain Company-average results
Urban Outfitters, Inc. is a lifestyle specialty retail company that operates under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People and...