Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban/Regional Planning, Environmental Sciences, Architecture, Geography, Public Administration, Transportation Planning and/or related fields.
- Knoweldge of urban and transportation planning in California. Master’s degree can substitute for 1-year experience requirement.
- Experience preparing or contributing to the preparation of planning documents, entitlement documents, policy reports, data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to assist with the preparation of planning documents, with direction. Incorporation of analysis into program, policy and operations analysis documents; preparation of project status reports, and other assistance with projects.
- Ability to collect and analyze statistical data and prepare reports and maps on census data, land use, transportation tax base data and occupancy rates..
- Excellent writing skills, oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills are required. Applicants should be highly self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and perform detail oriented work.
- Must be focused to understand and appropriately respond to organizations business needs.
URS is one of the largest, global, fully integrated engineering, construction and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services. We provide these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States and internationally, FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations.
URS seeks individuals who are motivated to learn, grow and seek out new project responsibilities. As one of the world's largest engineering design firms, URS offers abundant opportunities to work on world-class projects and gain valuable professional experience. Through our global network of offices, we offer an unparalleled variety of career paths to choose from. URS offers an attractive compensation package including full health benefits, 401(k) retirement plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
This position will support planning, urban planning, transportation planning, entitlements, and permitting services provided by the Planning and Environmental Group in our Los Angeles Office. We are seeking a staff professional to join our planning group with a team spirit and can-do attitude to assist on projects in a multi-task environment. This is expected to be a junior -level position. The qualified candidate is expected to support several senior planners and project managers in this group with primary focus on urban planning, transportation planning and some CEQA and NEPA planning and project implementation.
Duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Conducting research and analysis
- Writing planning document sections
- Assisting with land use permitting activities (e.g., agency coordination, permit applications, etc.)
- Assisting with project management activities (e.g., coordination with other technical team members, review of internal draft materials prepared by others to ensure quality and consistency, tracking of project status, internal and client communications, etc.)
- Coordinating/overseeing the preparation of graphics and document production
- Assisting with on-going marketing activities (e.g., tracking upcoming opportunities, assisting with proposal preparation, etc.)
Names change, but people always need to build offices, factories, and process facilities. AAC Designer Builders, which does business as...