Location: Chicago, IL
Job Class: Construction Management
Job Type: CM
Education: Four year engineering or construction management degree
Travel Demands: < 10%
Kenny Construction Company, a national contractor and construction company, is seeking an experienced Construction Oversight Manager for its staff in Chicago. The candidate MUST have urban rail transit construction experience with stations, substations, and track work. This position is located in Chicago. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. For consideration, please e-mail your résumé to email@example.com or fax to 847-272-5182 . No phone calls or agencies, please.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Reviews Contractor correspondence to Owner and Designer and ensures that timely responses occur.
- Attends and participates in, weekly progress meetings with Contractor for each contract assigned.
- Monitors CM performance and issues, progress schedule, and payment applications of specific contractors within a major capital project.
- Participates in review and resolution of outstanding issues in conjunction with the CM, Deputy Program Manager and Owner’s representatives.
- Reviews change documentation prepared by Contractor and assists CM during preparation of contract modification to Owner for approval.
- Perform additional oversight and management assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Four year engineering or construction management degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience. Position requires at least 8 years of experience performing field construction management duties as a Resident Engineer or Field Construction Manager. Good oral and written skills required. Professional Engineer or Architect license or Certified Construction Manager certificate desirable, but not required. Detailed knowledge of various field construction administration concepts, practices, and inspection procedures required. Relies on construction management experience and judgment to coordinate and oversee specifically assigned Contractors under contract to a public agency for a major construction program generally in excess of $50M. Project closeout and negotiation skills are essential.
Dec 11, 2012
US - Illinois
- 2 years ago - save job