to learn more.
As a member of the Systems Application & Testing Analysis Team, individual is responsible for providing analysis and testing of all aspects of technology products and services with the goal of creating or enhancing a quality “user experience”. The primary focus of this position will be to work with project and service teams to develop, maintain, and use measurement tools to ensure usability objectives are met by using industry standard testing techniques. Additionally, a secondary focus of work will be required in the areas of planning and executing user analysis and design activities in collaboration with project teams. S/he will actively work with teams to collaborate on product analysis and prototype activities in addition to planning, executing, communicating and mitigating test results. H/she will make recommendations for improvement as part of the product and service development processes. Major responsibilities include:
S/he is managed by the Program Director, Systems Application Testing & Analysis and supervises no staff. S/he may supervise matrixed volunteers and staff in cross-organizational and cross-functional teams.
- Work in lateral teams to provide guidance and expertise to TNC staff involved in the design, development and deployment of new and existing products, standards and/or services.
- In partnership with Project Management, Business Systems, Operations, and TNC Business staff:
- Provide prototyping services, mock-ups, and/or wireframes during product design phase.
- Analyze, plan, and conduct remote and onsite usability testing of all products associated with an application or service at various points during the project management and post implementation cycle.
- Provide usability testing expertise for technology products and services by managing formal test activities during the product development and post implementation lifecycle.
- Assemble testing results and recommendations to assist project teams and business owners simplify complex functionality and application design, and to improve workflow, training, documentation, and support.
- Train and mentor project staff on User Experience “best practices”, with an emphasis on prototyping and usability activities.
- Work with business and project teams to incorporate business process and business requirements into user design.
- Conduct best practices and user research in one or more user testing disciplines to expand, evolve, and update techniques, work product, and deliverables.
- Develop, maintain, and use test tools and methodologies with an emphasis on usability techniques.
- Perform in multiple areas of user testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or other discipline related to User Experience (UX), Human Factors, User Centered Design (UCD), Information Architecture (IA), or equivalent experience in technology area related to improving the total user experience.
- 3 years of experience in any combination of User Experience Design & Analysis, Usability Planning, Testing, and Analysis.
- 1 year of experience in SharePoint or other Content Management System (CMS)
- 3 years of experience in an area of technology such as web design, product development, application development, and/or testing.
- Experience communicating with diverse audiences such as customers, the public, and other technology staff.
- 3-5 years minimum in any combination of Design & Analysis, Usability Planning, Testing, and Analysis 3-5 years hands-on expertise in an area of technology such as web design, information architecture, training, product development, networking, application development or equivalent experience in technology area related to improving the total user experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a user experience role heavily focused on usability testing.
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard best practices in the areas of Usability and/or User Centered Design.
- 1 – 3 years of experience with SharePoint.
- 1 year experience working with remote teams.
- Experience working with project management methodologies.
- Power User of Applications.
- Advanced knowledge of project processes and experience fulfilling the project manager role.
- Cross-cultural knowledge highly desired.
- Ability to understand and convey technical information in non-technical ways for understanding by a variety of user audiences through strong writing and presentation skills.
- Dependable; assumes ownership of tasks assigned and willingness to take on new tasks.
- Critical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving, collaboration, and analytic skills.
- Works well under pressure. Needs minimal supervision.
- Ability to collaborate with internal groups, to supervise processes, and maintain integrity of testing and technology standards.
- Ability to be flexible in work assignments and perform in multiple areas of Usability testing.
- Ability to understand and analyze TNC business processes and the use of technology and services by different facets of the organization.
- Strong dedication to the development of a “quality” User Experience and Usability of Technology products and services.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
To apply to position number 41218, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on July 18, 2013.
Failure to complete all of the required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
You must click “submit” to apply for the position. You may select “save for later” if you prefer to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please refer to our
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process
The Nature Conservancy - 10 months ago