Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a usability engineer to provide usability services, including conducting user needs assessments, usability evaluations, and expert reviews of proposed web designs.
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing usability services for business and IT teams for web applications across multiple platforms, with mid- to large-scale scope; planning, designing, and conducting usability and heuristic evaluations.
- Completing detailed user and task analysis.
- Collaborating with Marketing to profile client demographics and to select user participants; researching existing client information and interviewing clients; conducting and/or recording user observation sessions; prioritizing client needs.
- Creating detailed diagrams and tables, including user and task workflows; writing analysis of findings and presenting findings to project managers and teams.
- Reviewing competitors' web site usability and writing analysis of results; evaluating Vanguard web pages to ensure they provide clients with information that is easy to find.
- Identifying quantitative and qualitative usability metrics and presenting findings to project managers.
- Recommending improvements in web usability, including amount and location of information, links, and related usability elements.
- Facilitating user interface design sessions and related usability inspections.
- Training teams in usability fundamentals; leading informal usability education seminars (e.g., "brown bag" meetings) and one-on-one sessions; writing training curriculum and creating presentation materials.
- Writing documentation, including procedures; reviewing user interface design standards documentation and providing usability feedback.
- Understanding thoroughly and complying with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels; thoroughly understanding and complying with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participating in special projects and performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
-Microsoft Windows NT.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of two years' web usability experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including interviewing and presentation skills.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Advanced knowledge of the following usability practices and concepts: formal and informal usability testing, heuristic evaluations, user needs assessments, integrating business and user work flows, logical information organization and navigation, inspections, web user interface design, group brainstorming and design sessions.
- Strong understanding of one or more IT platforms:
- Advanced knowledge of current versions of the following products:
-Microsoft Office Suite.
This is a summer internship open to applications from all college students, regardless of year.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Vanguard - 17 months ago
Vanguard is the client-owned investment company that is reducing cost and complexity for all investors.