CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
CA Technologies is seeking a Usability Engineer for our Core Business Line products. Specifically, the engineer will be working on the IT Automation of the Chorus product strategy. The Usability Engineer will be responsible for the translation of business requirements into UX design concepts, prototypes and compelling AND INTUITIVE experiences for our customers.
This position is based in our Pittsburgh, PA location.
Companies choose to run their solutions on the IBM System z mainframe to leverage the most robust commercial platform on the market. CA has developed a suite of products that allow customers to design, deploy and manage both the applications and the underlying virtualization infrastructure.
The User Experience Designer will develop a deep understanding of CA customers and users through UX programs that engender the participation of product managers and developers. That understanding will translate into a clear strategy for intuitive and compelling user experiences that increase adoption and usage of our applications. We work in a Scrum development environment and the User Experience Designer will need to work very closely with product managers and developers in rapid development iterations.
- Developing concepts and prototypes to help stakeholders envision proposed user experiences
- Developing and administering usability testing and user research initiatives
- Establishing and maintaining UI consistency across all applications
- Producing screen designs for developers within an iterative Scrum environment
- DEVELOPING STORYBOARD FLOWS WITHIN AND ACROSS CA APPLICATIONS AND UI¹S
- 2+ years of experience in design. Created seamless and consistent user experiences.
- Strong background in understanding how people use products and what they are trying to achieve.
- Track record of developing and delivering successful, intuitive, and compelling designs that contributes toward market leadership.
- Successful track record of delivering integrated, high-end user interfaces on schedule, on budget, and with exceptional quality.
- Deep knowledge of user center design processes and methodologies.
- Broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and appropriate technologies.
- Experience gathering and documenting business, functional, and end user requirements.
Results-oriented team player who takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written; able to engender trust and respect of peers and stakeholders.
- Sense of urgency. Escalates product issues when appropriate; maintains a sense of "problem ownership" to see all issues through to successful resolution. Strives to turn around issues with an efficient and effective approach to the end customer's satisfaction
- Self-confident, possesses a strong work ethic, and is continually focused on improvement, innovation, and bottom-line results.
- Passionate commitment to the customer and to product quality. Champions the product and the customer's needs and implements a model of continuous improvement in both company goals and project-related tasks.
- Capable of juggling a number of priorities and delivering results on time in a high pressure, dynamic environment.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: CA Technologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any CA Technologies employee. CA Technologies will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of CA Technologies and will be processed accordingly.