Are you passionate about web usability? Does designing great web interfaces get you up in the morning, and solving that tricky user interaction issue keep you up late at night? Do you enjoy working with a bunch of smart people in a fun, challenging environment? If so, then you might be the right fit to work at Treatspace as a User Experience Intern.
What we're looking for:
- Our internship program is designed to be a hands-on, career-related experience that supplements classroom experience to enhance the student’s education
- Interns will have responsibilities that mirror the professional activities of their colleagues rather than performing only clerical tasks
- Managers will onboard, train and mentor interns
- You will participate in daily lunch & learns where you can learn about other areas of TS
- Fun outings with team members…
Treatspace is looking for undergrad, graduate, and PhD students who are passionate and want to make a positive impact on healthcare. This is a 12-week internship program. Project specifics are determined jointly with selected students to ensure that work is valuable both to the student and TS. These can range from bite-sized feature development projects to large operational undertakings, such as building the systems that enable us to deliver fast, scalable and reliable services. There is flexibility to switch roles and wear different hats. If there’s something you want to work on, speak up and we promise you’ll be heard.
The internship is unpaid, but lunch is provided every day, and drinks and snacks are provided as well. Please only respond if you can commit to at least 30-40 hours per week at our Carnegie Mellon office.
We need a smart, talented, and ambitious individual who can do it all and wants to make a major difference. Below is a general description of the work, but we imagine tailoring it to meet your specific strengths and interests.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Work closely with software engineers and company executives
- Improve the user experience of new and existing tools.
- Projects that include interaction design, visual design and user research, as a member of a growing, innovative SaaS company.
- Training or exerience in several of the following: Interaction Design, User Research, Visual Design, Web Design, User Experience, Usability, Human Factors, Product Development, Other related fields, Data Visualization or Infographics
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Very strong online research skills and/or drive
- Familiarity with Internet businesses
- Current college student and/or recent grad (or equiv. work experience)
- Proficiency in Google Docs/Drive (Document, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Draw)
- Ability to work in diverse teams; manage time and workload effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but able to take directions well
- Good organizational skills, demonstrated initiative, flexibility and creativity
- Understanding of healthcare industry is preferred; passion is even better
- Enjoy working collaboratively – if you like going off in a corner and designing this will not be for you.
- You are a local candidate or willing to relocate to the Pittsburgh area.
Education and Experience
- Reports to the CEO, working relationships with the entire company
- Manage Treatspace’s external and internal communication efforts
Benefits of Interning at Treatspace - Fast Facts
- Bachelor’s degree, or pursuing one (all degrees will be considered)
- Some work or volunteer experience in any form of managerial assistance
- Experience in working in a diverse and fast-paced environment
- You must demonstrate abilities and skills in User Experience and Design.
- You must submit a portfolio website with design samples
More about Treatspace internships is available at: https://www.treatspace.com/about/internships/internships
- Big Idea. We are building an award-winning, industry-validated platform that will change healthcare.
- Success. We have excellent customers, great investors and have won numerous awards.
- Educated. We have a diverse team entrepreneurs, developers, and designers who have studied and/or taught at CMU and Pitt.
- Experience. Our founder has over 10 years of experience and was named Young Entrepreneur of the Year by the Small Business Association of PA.
- Progress. Out platform is launched and real doctors are using it with real patients.
- Backed by CMU. We work on campus at Carnegie Mellon University at Project Olympus.
- Press. We’ve already been written about in TEQ, Pop City, the Pittsburgh Business Times, MedCity & MedPageToday.
- Backed by PA. We've been through one of the top incubators in the nation: Innovation Work's Alphalab program.
treatspace - 17 months ago