Here at Synacor we are passionate about investing in the future of tomorrow’s workforce, and we strive to provide students with the opportunity to expand their learning. The Synacor experience goes beyond anything you’ve learned in a classroom. During your internship, you’ll be working on real projects in a mentoring environment with our UX design team. You will help concept new products, test and improve existing products, work on designs that span multiple devices, and ultimately help Synacor create better end user experiences.
Synacor is looking for summer design interns to help with ideation, research, design and user testing of our next generation TV Everywhere and Portal products, as well as the tools and interfaces that will support these products. The UX/Design Intern will be a second or third year student with an interest, and background in UX, Visual or Interaction Design, Information Architecture and/or Usability Testing.
After an orientation period to learn about us, our process, and our products, Interns will be assigned to work with a designer and/or product manager on new or existing design projects. You’ll be given real work with actual problems to solve. As an intern, you’ll be challenged with helping our design teams deliver world-class products.
Due to the nature of the projects, we ask that interns work full time (5 days a week, 40 hours) for a period of 12 weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Spend time with real users to learn about their goals, attitudes and behaviors
• Work alongside our UX design and product teams in design sessions
• Collaborate with other teams across the organization, including Front-End Development, QA, Project Management, Product Management and Marketing
• Create plans for, and help conduct user testing on our products
• Develop site maps, wireframes, and other documents to communicate design
• Concepting new products and ideas
• Design beautiful and precise visual designs and presentations
• Help develop new standards and processes within Design and Product Teams
Education, Experience and Skills:
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program in some form of UX/Visual/Interactive/Web Design
• Experience sketching interfaces and creating wireframes, sitemaps, and/or prototypes
• Knowledge of web interfaces and considerations around mobile devices, usability, and accessibility
• Excellent Visual Design Skills
• Extremely Detail Oriented
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet set deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to collaborate
What you can expect at Synacor:
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
If you want to do more than make copies, apply today!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...