EnerNOC, a leading provider of demand response and energy efficiency solutions, has an immediate need for a User Experience Designer with visual design expertise to join our world-class Product Management organization. The User Experience Designer draws from a broad range of UX skills—including information architecture, interaction design, usability research and testing, and visual design—to create compelling user interfaces that help technically savvy business users understand and reduce their energy consumption. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver who loves to collaborate with highly motivated subject-matter experts and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This is an opportunity to play a variety of UX roles and have a major influence on the design of the “killer applications” of the smart grid.
• Collaborate with product managers, software developers, and other stakeholders to design exceptional user experiences for multiple products concurrently.
• Join forces with the UX team to solve complex design problems for web applications through a user-centered design process that accounts for user goals, business requirements, and development needs. Make complex things simple.
• Create clean and intuitive web application interfaces (management workflows, data visualization dashboards, configuration UIs, content management) and iterate from conceptual to detail designs and illustrating UIs through final pixel perfect mockups.
• Use a variety of methods to document design decisions including sketches, process flows, wireframes, storyboards, visual design mockups, and interactive prototypes.
• Employ visually interesting and usable visualization techniques to help users explore and understand complex data sets.
• Plan and conduct user research activities such as heuristic reviews, interviews, and surveys to understand the needs of users.
• Plan, execute, and communicate usability tests and results.
• Maintain and improve the EnerNOC style guide and interaction pattern library.
• Minimum of B.A. or B.S. degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or other design-related field, or equivalent professional experience.
• At least 4-10 years of hands-on experience as a User Experience Designer designing Software-as-a-Service applications (SaaS) for the desktop environment. Designing for the mobile environment is preferred.
• Portfolio demonstrating advanced visual design skills, creativity, data visualization, and a mix of low fidelity and high fidelity UX design deliverables.
• Demonstrated comfort in both reinventing the wheel and leverage existing UI models.
• Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Axure, to name a few.
• Experience working in an Agile Scrum development process.
• Experience in planning and facilitating user research and usability tests.
• Ability to present design ideas clearly and convincingly.
• HTML/CSS to create front-end visual/layout templates to deliver to UI team.
• Experience applying brand visual design and content guidelines consistently across several products.
• Experience designing user interfaces in the energy industry or another industry for highly technical users.
• Comfortable designing user interfaces to be developed with Adobe Flex.
EnerNOC - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Working Toward a Clean Energy Future!
Charting the future of energy takes a different kind of corporation. EnerNOC is one of the leading...