What Youâ€™ll be Doing:
Do you want to help design amazing products? Ready to hone your skills while helping improve and develop software and web products? As a User Experience Design Intern at TechSmith youâ€™ll work along-side our experienced designers to create experiences that fit the needs of our users. We are advocates for users and of software usability and UCD, who strive to solve user problems and apply user-centered design principles. We are currently looking for Interns for the Summer of 2013.
- User interface design and prototyping including graphical user interface elements, technical illustrations and icons
- Participation in a user-centered design activities
- Assist in gathering customer requirements
- Evaluate designs
- Benchmark finished products against competitors
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Requires at least 15 hours per week
- HCI principles and training
- Software development education and/or training
- Knowledge of user interface and usability issues essential
- HCI and GUI design training
- Portfolio or work samples required
- You must be enrolled in classes full-time in order to be considered for an internship with TechSmith Corporation
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Compensation and Perks:
Competitive based on skills and experience. This is an hourly position with the TechSmith Corporation. Hours are based on a consensus between you and your supervisor. We offer a fun and casual environment where you can wear jeans every day, drink free pop, and enjoy company-sponsored events.
- Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Interactive Media Design or related field
- Familiarity with agile software development processes helpful
TechSmith Corporation - 2 years ago
TechSmith Corporation was founded in 1987 and is located in Okemos, Michigan. TechSmith provides practical business software tools to...