Description Founded in 1980, ARGO (www.argodata.com) is the premier source of technology-based desktop solutions for America’s financial institutions. Over 35 thousand financial centers rely on ARGO for their branch banking, payments, consumer, and commercial lending origination and processing needs. With unmatched configuration, implementation, and ongoing user support, its solutions are an industry workhorse, processing over 65 million transactions daily. ARGO’s products and solutions include transaction processing, new account fulfillment, workflow, management reporting/dashboards, financial analysis, forecasting and scheduling, search, decisioning, image capture and processing, balancing, underwriting, consumer needs analysis, and analysis/decisions. These solutions are provided to a professional user base with a wide variety of needs and skill sets.
Additional responsibilities include:
- As the User Experience Designer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining visual interfaces and user experience designs across ARGO’s five banking related lines of business. You will work with software product development teams as well as product managers within the organization. You will ensure that the user experience designs for all of products follow consistent guidelines, aimed at maximizing user productivity, application usage, and overall user experience.
- Creating, maintaining, and promoting usability standards, procedures, best practices, and knowledge across the organization encompassing screen design, workflow, and management reporting
- Leading the corporate wide task force responsible for user experience best practices and methods Working with product teams to understand business and design goals and to select the appropriate approach to usable application development, balancing trade-offs such as usability and performance
- Designing and creating conceptual models and prototypes for new user interactions in conjunction with product management and development groups Innovating & architecting new user interaction paradigms and navigation methods
- Designing and executing usability studies and activities
- Following industry research, trends, and evolving platforms and technologies related to user experience
- Assessing post customer deployment outcome analysis, error analytics, and productivity impact
- Minimum of BS or BA in relevant college degree desired (cognitive science, human computer interaction, human factors, or related field).
- Familiar with usability design theory and development process Ability to logically influence people in areas subject to personal opinion and taste through both verbal and written communication
- Experience designing new systems as well as refactoring existing ones
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Visio.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of research studies, qualitative, and quantitative methodologies.
- Personal development experience – e.g., contextual inquiry experience.
- Experience with information visualization of complex data into management reports and graphics
- A strong portfolio demonstrating relevant work experience in user-centered design solutions.
ARGO Data Resource Corporation - 17 months ago