The User Experience (UX) Designer will be part of the Research and Development Team and collaborate with business functions on projects that enhance overall functionality, efficiency and user experiences while meeting all medical device regulatory requirements. The UX designer should be passionate about conducting front end design work from identification of unmet customer needs, through to development of robust requirements ready for implementation. The UX designer will be responsible for conducting front end research for projects including, but not limited to, device interaction, software interface and business process redesign.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Plans, coordinates and executes user needs assessments for medical device products, services, and business processes.
- Design wireframes, storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate the user experience of features to internal stakeholders and project team members.
- Assists with set up and coordination of field and usability studies from recruiting through data analysis.
- Prepares project plans, usability studies, moderator’s guides and other artifacts related to designing and conducting studies.
- Uses knowledge of methods for gathering and analyzing UX research data
- Translates concepts and user needs into technical product requirements as required by design controls procedures for medical devices.
- Communicates with the development team to ensure that product requirements are appropriately specific and robust to move to the implementation phase.
- Communicates complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Acts as a UX expert staying up-to-date on industry activity, UX trends and standards
- Develops technical documents, training programs, and technical presentations for customers and/or the sales force.
- Travels, as required, for professional meetings or in association with product development or technical activities.
- Works with the in-house legal department, outside legal consultants, and Government Patent Officials, as required, on patent searches, patent infringements, and patent applications and acts as technical expert on all design related materials and provides strategic analysis for UX direction.
- Assist management in organization and budgetary issues in the product development group, as assigned by supervisor
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Human Factors Engineering, or related field plus a minimum of two (2) years of experience conducting user research and interaction design and working with product development teams to use research insights to inform product decisions
Master’s degree in Industrial Design, Human Factors Engineering, or related field plus a minimum of one (1) year of experience conducting user research and interaction design and working with product development teams to use research insights to inform product decisions.
- Fluency in UX best practices
- Demonstrated experience; successfully scoping, planning and executing projects in accordance with a phases and gates development process.
- Experience in understanding and synthesizing user needs using a variety of practices.
- Experience in evaluating products using: design trends, heuristic reviews, competitive benchmarking, and formative and summative usability studies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information architecture, interaction flow, user interface and visual design
- Experience creating low-fidelity to high-fidelity user interface models and prototypes.
- Able to ensure designs are accurately carried out through the implementation stage
- Excellent presentation, moderation, and interview skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Success navigating both tech and non-tech environments with equal facility (e.g. product development, clients, constituents, business)
Bioventus - 15 months ago