C3 Energy is seeking highly qualified college graduates to join the C3 Engineering team. We can't tell you exactly what you will be working on, because we don't know! Every day brings something new, but suffice to say that the code you write will be used to save energy for some of the largest companies in existence, all the way down to individual consumers.
User Experience Designer
C3 Energy is seeking a highly qualified User Experience (UX) Designer to join the C3 Energy Products team. The UX Designer is instrumental in ensuring that C3 Energy’s mobile and web-based analytics applications have an exceptional user interface and user interaction paradigm that will be easy to use, compelling, and differentiated in the market. C3 Energy’s family of Smart Grid Analytics software solutions reach a broad range of users, from residential and small business energy consumers to utility personnel managing the operational health and safety of an electricity grid. Analytics insight is delivered on phones, tablets, and through web-based portals so the need to ensure a seamless user experience across platforms is critical to success.
Candidates must have five or more years of experience in user interface design, user experience, and software application design, preferably across multiple platforms. A mobile-first approach to the design of web-based applications is preferred. Candidates must also have the proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple design projects from strategic product definition to launch, partnering with product managers that oversee the development of a broad family of customer and smart grid analytics products
- Facilitate project communication and asset exchange across multi-disciplinary teams throughout project phases
- Create and communicate design deliverables such as information architecture, schematics, user personas, wire-frames, high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes, and design specifications
- Propose and conduct user research with both formal and informal methodologies
- Develop product concepts and suggest product direction based on design research and functional requirements
- Partner with engineering on the implementation of interactive techniques and technologies
- Document design standards in a design pattern library
- 5+ years of experience in user interface design, within the product development lifecycle of Web and/or software applications (Web-based applications are considered relevant, but not Web sites)
- Experience with design thinking, especially as it relates to design concepts utilized at Stanford's Hasso Platner Institute for Design and at firms such as IDEO, Frog Design, Adaptive Path
- Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Exceptionally strong UX background, information architecture, technical skills, and an eye for detail
- Strong visual design skills including layout, information design, typography, and color usage
- Experience designing for RIAs and knowledge of web 2.0 design patterns
- Ability to translate customer and product requirements into innovative and engaging interfaces
- Experience designing for scalability, configurability, and accessibility
- Strong collaborative experience within a cross-functional environment
- Exceptionally strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage time sensitive deadlines and milestones
- Strong portfolio of interactive UX designs, UX prototypes, and interaction design documents (Online portfolios are preferred, but pdf samples are also accepted. This is a firm requirement.)
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in UI design, HCI, interactive multimedia, human factors, cognitive psychology, or other related field
- Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Previous experience working at a start-up is a bonus.
- Domain knowledge of the energy or utility space is a bonus!
C3 Energy provides a competitive compensation package:
· Competitive salary
· Generous stock options
· Medical, dental, and vision benefits
· Fully stocked kitchen with Table Tennis and Pool
· Free Gym membership
· Fun team filled with great people
. Friday evening social hours with food, drink and music
C3 Energy, Inc. - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard