Goodreads is looking for a talented, innovative user experience designer with a deep understanding of the Web to help us craft products that will be used by millions of readers. You should be able to transform complex concepts into interfaces that are approachable, easy to use and visually polished. You'll be responsible for every aspect of the design process, from conceptual development to wireframes and front-end designs. You'll work along side small teams of highly talented developers, iterate quickly, and collaborate with other product and design staff to assess new initiatives.
Coding skills are not a requirement, but for the purposes of assessing cost and communicating with engineers, it will help to have a basic understanding of the practice of front-end development. Creativity and strong communication and collaboration skills are very important. A passion for reading and an entrepreneurial spirit are a big plus. This is an on-site position.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes and front-end designs
- Present your designs to the team and facilitate feedbackPropose and assess improvements to the user experience
- Visualize design problems and information in ways that are easy for other team members to comprehend
- Evangelize for usability, design and innovation within the organization
- Stay current on emerging technologies and identify opportunities to incorporate best current thinking into product designs
Working for Goodreads:
- Demonstrated experience in user experience design
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- A clear understanding of the design process
- A passion for design and new ideas
- BA or advanced design degree
To Apply Please Send:
- Our mission is to help people find and share books they love.
- We are located in downtown San Francisco (Near Market and 1st Streets and near BART)
- We are currently about 35 employees strong
- We are proud of our supportive and collaborative work culture
- We strongly encourage continual learning and professional development.
- A link to your portfolio
- A cover letter that describes why your qualifications are well suited to this job
- Your resume
- A link to your Goodreads profile
Goodreads.com - 2 years ago