This is a tremendous opportunity to join Honeywell's Automation & Controls Solutions team as a User Experience Designer!
We are seeking a designer who can influence ACS’s new product development for
next generation end-to-end user experiences across all our touch points. User experience design includes everything from pre-sale, sale to post-sale touch points in the customer journey or business workflow of the vast array of Honeywell products. Learn more about us at http://www.honeywell.feedroom.com/ .
You will be expected to identify and bring in best practices from other industries to enable ACS products & services to deliver a five star user experience. In this key position, you will be relating your expertise in user experience research as it applies to capabilities of people, including memory, perception, reaction time, judgment, physical size and dexterity, affect the way they use a product or participate in an activity. This exciting opportunity is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Honeywell International is a leading $34 billion diversified technology corporation with a wide range of businesses including automation and control solutions, aerospace systems, transportation systems, and performance materials. Honeywell has more than 128,000 employees in 95 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions (ACS) is 1 of 4 businesses of Honeywell International with annual revenues of $15 billion. We supply sensing and control solutions to a variety of markets which improve quality of life, create safer living and work environments, and increase energy utilization efficiency. For example, ACS products and services provide Honeywell customers controls for heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, security systems, fire alarm systems, and energy management systems. From home thermostats to large commercial building management systems, Honeywell ACS is a global leader.
As a leading user experience designer, you will have background including
Your responsibilities will including the following aspects:
- Strong research skills in user centered design;
- Work experience in user needs and requirements analysis, ethnographic observations/interviews, usability studies, cognitive task analysis, exploring and prototyping visualization concepts, use-case development, information architecture and work-flow design, and authoring detailed design specifications;
- Experience working closely with marketing, development and engineering to provide usability design recommendations on consumer focused technology products;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with experience motivating people, helping negotiate priorities, and resolving conflicts among project stakeholders;
- Strong analytical, innovation and ‘thinking outside of the box’ and problem solving skills;
- Effective at time management, facilitating meetings, planning, execution, risks identification, management, and mitigation;
- Superb organizational skills with history of working on a vast array of projects with rapidly changing information gathered from multiple sources.
Relocation is included for this key position.
- Provide user experience design support throughout the product development process;
- Use analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into detailed plans and technical approaches;
- Work in a diverse global environment with day to day interactions with multidisciplinary global teams and customers;
- Work collaboratively with other functions including marketing, engineering, industrial design, manufacturing, quality control and regulatory assurance to produce user-centered designs that meet user needs, but also factor in business priorities and any technical, cost and/or manufacturing constraints;
- Coordinate resources to help plan and conduct user evaluations of product concepts and prototypes, analyze data, document evaluation methods and results, and present design recommendations to project teams, including external clients;
- Interact professionally and communicate effectively at all levels throughout the company and with customers.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Ergonomics, Industrial Engineering or Computer Science, with a specialty in user experience design
- 2 years of experience as a Design Engineer, Research Associate, Research Fellow, or related occupation.
- Permanent Resident Status or U.S. Citizenship is required by government contracts.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit http://www.careersathoneywell.com/ and enter requisition 00206234.
- Experience working at a user centered design agency/firm
- Experience impacting consumer centered products and services
- Some prior experience in end to end user experience design thinking a must
- Prior experience in digital design or front end software prototyping a plus
- Experience with consumer applications a plus
- PhD degree in Psychology, Ergonomics, Industrial Engineering or Computer Science, with a specialty in Human Factors
- An understanding of the fundamentals of computer graphics and graphic design tools
- Ability to translate design ideas to working prototypes
- Knowledge of HCI technologies such as gesture recognition, ubiquitous and location aware computing, mixed media, virtual environments, large/small and thin display technologies, Augmented reality, data visualization techniques, wearable computing, and training and human performance evaluation.
Are you interested in Honeywell, but this position isn't the right job for you? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell - 7 months ago
Thermostats and jet engines seem worlds apart, but they're the wind beneath Honeywell International's wings. More than a century o...