User Experience Designer for JW Player Dashboards
LongTail Video is looking for a rockstar User Experience Designer to create online video publishing & analytics dashboards for our flagship product, the JW Player.
With over over 3 million customers, we've built world's most popular HTML5/Flash embeddable media player that supports a wide array of desktop browsers, mobile devices, and media formats.
As a successful candidate, you must have at least 2 years experience in researching, wireframing, and prototyping clean web interfaces that solve complicated problems. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your creative skills by leveraging up-and-coming technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, responsive design, and big data visualizations.
LongTail Video is based in New York City. Our ownership culture allows you to manage your own timelines and projects, all while being a part of the fastest growing tech industry - online video.
• Own the overall usability of our online video publishing & analytics dashboard(s):
-Create clean interfaces that open the video publishing experience to thousands of novices.
-Drive user engagement and interaction through a fun UI "attitude"
-Develop data visualizations that provide information-rich reports without overwhelming the user.
-Produce optimized user-funnels that maximize renewals, upgrades, and virality.
• Work with product stakeholders, engineers and end-users to formulate UI and UX direction.
• Produce rapid prototypes to test alternative solutions to specific UX problems.
• Produce annotated wireframes to provide engineering with UI and UX requirements.
• Manage project timelines with tight deadlines, from start to finish.
• Proven record of designing usable online dashboards and productivity tools
• Experience designing across multiple device types and contexts (mobile, desktop).
• Experience with HTML5, responsive design, and rapid prototyping.
• BS in Human-Computer Interaction or related field
• Experience with front-end design (Photoshop/Illustrator)
• Experience with user research (qualitative, A/B testing)
• Experience with video publishing and/or data visualization