User Experience Intern
Digital Research Internship / User Experience Internship
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: ""Focus on the customer!"" We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and Web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and people. Its products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels and signs, safety devices, printing systems and software, and precision die-cut materials. Founded in 1914, the company has more than 500,000 customers in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, education, medical and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee and employs approximately 7,000 people at operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia/Pacific. Brady’s fiscal 2009 sales were approximately $1.2 billion.
- User Experience Internship and Digital Research Internship
In these roles, you’ll help help us research areas of our website, and how we can improve it. You’ll interact with employees across the globe to help decide what areas of the site we need to research. You will coordinate efforts to build User Experience tests, conduct the tests with the help of best-in-class software, and summarize research findings for the User Experience team and management throughout Brady Corporation.
- Be a key user of Brady’s User Testing tool -- Training will be provided
- Work with the User Experience team to maintain a list of testing priorities
- Take a high level concept (such as “Improve our Checkout Experience”) and expand it to a written test plan, with tasks that non-technical users can understand
- Watch recordings of user and customer feedback, and create “highlight” documents that quickly convey the findings of our tests and research
- Following up with customers who completed the tests, asking additional feedback and providing them with compensation for their time
- Work a minimum of 6 hours a week during school, full time during summers (hours are flexible to accommodate various class schedules)
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree, preferably in Technical Communication, Computer Science or Engineering, or Business.
- A passion around research and improving websites and online user experiences
Brady Corporation - 16 months ago
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and...