Consumer Reports is an expert, independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to work for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves. Consumer Reports is looking for an experienced User Experience Lead and Manager to join our Digital and Interactive Product Team to be part of our growing business. In this role you will need to be open to working in two locations. Our Automotive Testing and Research Center, in Colchester, CT. and our National Testing & Research Center in Yonkers, NY. You will be working hand-in-hand with the business and auto experts and testers to build out the journey of the cars digital products. We are seeking bright, motivated, entrepreneurial candidates that are motivated to spark change and lead the organization in generating new and engaging digital experiences...
- 8+ years of practical experience in user experience, with a minimum of 2 years in a Lead role at either a major agency or a large commercial Web site.
- Demonstrated familiarity with user-experience best practices and standards, and a proven track record in usable interfaces and efficient page-level templates, etc. for large data-base driven, responsive/adaptable products.
- Solid leadership ability and communication skills. Must have a high-degree of comfort leading creative teams; working with outside agencies; recruiting and managing freelancers etc.
- Strong consensus-building skills and a partnering, team-oriented attitude; able to work productively in a matrixed organization.
- Strong management ability. Ability to lead both visual design and user experience architect staff towards a common vision.
- Highly adaptable and can keep pace with new technologies, agile processes, and new user experience skills.
- Leads user experience efforts for all development projects across platforms – web, tablet, and mobile.
- Develops creative solutions to business and consumer challenges; generates or leads development of storyboards, task flows, consumer journeys, experience maps, wire-frames, prototypes, and taxonomies.
- Manages internal user experience team, outside design agencies and/or freelancers on projects. Helps to recruit a talented freelance pool.
- Establishes user experience best practices for the organization. Sets and evolves optimal site conversions and experience standards. Analyzes and documents existing website content structure, taxonomy, page templates, and interfaces.
- Plays an integral role in site usability testing. Help to plan and conduct usability tests, evaluate results, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Assists in defining organizational resource needs for user experience.
- Be an active advocate for this discipline within the organization: mentor staff and senior leadership around key usability concepts and practical applications.
Physical demands: Normal physical demands associated with working in an office environment and prolonged computer usage. Location flexibility is important.
- 19 months ago - save job