One of our new clients is looking for a User Experience Strategist / Information Architect hybrid to join our team of designers, strategists and architects to help with client-facing application design. They work with a broad spectrum of clients from high profile start-ups to publicly traded companies on UX design projects
The successful applicant will bring with them the following:
- Participate in initial strategy sessions to help identify and set direction for achieving project objectives.
- Understand target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and translate them into creative Information Architecture concepts.
- Collaborate with user experience, design and content strategy teams to brainstorm and validate experience design concepts.
- Participate in user research, concept testing, and usability testing.
- Understand and utilize usability guidelines.
- Organize content into logical categories and develop structural design through establishing the foundation of information access and functional relationships at the site and page-level.
- Produce site maps, work flows, functional specifications and navigational wireframes to drive target audience's online experience.
- Communicate and collaborate at all stages of User Interface development.
- Contribute to overarching User Experience strategy by identifying how the proposed application architecture, functionality and navigation reflect the strategy and audience objectives.
- Keep abreast of trends and best practices in interactive design, rich media and information design and share those lessons with the team members and management.
- Provide competitive analysis of IA and functional design, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field, such as information design, instructional design, UI design or human-computer interaction
- Two years experience in Web application architecture design for interactive medium (e.g., information architect, interaction designer, or experience designer)
- Advanced knowledge of architecture software programs (e.g., In Design, Illustrator, and Axure)
- Strong interest in interactive design
- Experience building and rapidly iterating on interactive prototypes
- Ability to pencil sketch
- Knowledge of website design and development; ability to work across technical design mediums (working knowledge of CSS/HTML/JS a plus)
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Extremely detail-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with aggressive development schedules, while often juggling multiple projects
Instant Technology - 11 months ago
Founded in 2001, Instant Technology is an IT talent management firm that facilitates the growth of technology teams through Contingent Labor...