The User Experience [UX] Manager is responsible for the supervision of a team of designers who come from a varied and sometimes unique background. This role will promote professional growth, a positive work environment, problem-resolution, workload distribution, and performance management.
The incumbent is responsible for collaboration with leaders in development, project management, quality assurance, production support, and corporate functions to provide superior designer experience and operational excellence. Employee engagement and happiness is the primary concern for this role.
The UX manager will deploy initiatives and help drive the direction of the UX designer group. As the direct voice for the team members’ challenges, they remove barriers and support professional development.
- Ability to supervise staff and make personnel decisions
- Understand general project management and user experience processes and methodologies
- Effectively communicate issues and recommendations
- Evaluate designer performance and ensure designers are set up for success
- Thoroughly understand the business issues surrounding UX execution on projects
- Create a climate of collaboration and teamwork among team and internal partners, helping team members build trusting relationships and achieve business objectives
- Strong problem solving skills, both in rapidly changing and group environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate difficult or emotionally charged situations with sensitivity and level-headedness
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Associate’s degree in relevant field or 3+ years experience as a manager, user experience designer, interaction designer or related role
About The Nerdery
The Nerdery is a developer-driven interactive production shop that partners with creative minds and big thinkers to engineer and execute their interactive projects, including websites, social media and mobile apps. In 2010 and 2011, The Nerdery ranked #1 on the Best Places to Work list published by Mpls-St. Paul Business Journal. With offices in Chicago and Minneapolis, The Nerdery has a staff of hundreds and was founded in 2003 by three programming pioneers. The Nerdery was honored in 2010 with The Quality of Life Award and The Jefferson Award for its record of corporate philanthropy through The Nerdery Overnight Website Challenge, at which volunteers have donated nearly two million dollars worth of web development services to 66 nonprofit organizations. In addition to Biz Journal’s Fast 50 list, The Nerdery has made the Inc 5000 list of fast-growing privately owned companies for four consecutive years.
- Developer-oriented workplace; work on a variety of compelling, challenging projects surrounded by nerdy supergeniuses
- Created by nerds, for nerds; 85% of staff has development background, including senior management
- Casual dress
- Free breakfast and convenient lunch ordering/delivery
- Team environment, collaborative learning environment, transparent communications
- Flexible 40-hour work week
- Benefits package including a 401k, unlimited sick days
- On-site Yoga classes, massage service
- Dog-friendly, including monthly dog grooming
- Chess, Anime, daily hackysack; home of 20+ extracurricular clubs and room for the one you want to create
- Opportunity to advance career at growing company always looking for emerging leaders
The Nerdery is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity and to prohibit discrimination and harassment for everyone regardless of age, color, race, creed, gender, national origin or ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, status with regard to public assistance, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Nerdery - 12 months ago
The Nerdery is a developer driven interactive production shop that partners with creative minds and big thinkers to engineer and execute...