As a User Experience Producer, work under the direction of the Director, Saas Platform. Design new areas of the platform leveraging existing User Interface (UI) patterns and visual design styles. Validate proposed UI design through usability testing. Document, update, and manage all documentation including wireframes, user flows and functionality specifications. Write UI content, page-specific instructions, and other messaging. Periodically, create or adjust images for the UI. Perform regular platform maintenance using content management software. Help maintain consistent look and feel, and strive for the optimal user experience.
I. User Experience & Documentation (70%)
II. Content Management (30%)
- Continue building new platform UI - based on customer feedback and business/product requirements
- Develop user flows, wireframes, prototypes and final design comps
- Manage initial usability testing and incorporate indicated alterations
- Participate in customer interviews
- Write UI content, page-specific instructions, and other messaging as directed
- Write agile ‘stories’ as necessary
- Create or adjust images as needed
Salary Range: $65k-$85k
- Update, post, and maintain content for identified platform including text and images, using in-house CMS tools to meet scheduled release dates
- Develop new platform pages as directed
- Work with Development and QA to ensure UI consistency and to resolve UI-related issues
- Ensure quality, consistency, and optimal user experience
Ethical Behavior Is trustworthy and honest. Presents truthful, accurate information. Does not intentionally misrepresent self for personal gain. Acts in the best interest of the company.
Interpersonal Skills Is considerate and respectful in interactions. Builds rapport and develops relationships with a broad range of people to accomplish work goals. Adjusts communication style as appropriate to meet the needs of others. Defuses disagreements and contributes to win-win outcomes where possible. Tactfully provides honest feedback in a timely, nonthreatening way.
Initiative Proactively identifies what needs to be done and takes action without being asked. Seeks out additional responsibilities and does more than is minimally required or expected. Makes and fulfills commitments. Demonstrates a positive work ethic.
Quality of Contribution Is reliable. Respects others’ time. Comes to meetings prepared and ready to contribute. Is committed to providing and delivers accurate, on-time work that reflects well on the organization.
- B.A./B.S. in a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with web content management, user experience design, or similar role
- Understanding of information architecture and interaction design principles and best practices for web and mobile mediums
- Ability to design final page layouts / UI
- Ability to creativity conceptualize and visualize to solve user experience challenges
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience using Content Management Systems such as Sharepoint or Umbraco
- Proficient in Adobe and Illustrator, and able to edit and manipulate images
- An ardent belief that better work is done through collaboration and iteration
- A belief in prototyping, and ability to deliver prototypes at various levels of fidelity
- Experience managing project flow is ideal
- Experience with usability testing is ideal
CPP, Inc. - 19 months ago