What Youâ€™ll be Doing:
Are you the type of person that loves to learn what users want and need from products and services? Do you love to analyze feedback and really dig down to what users really need? As a User Experience Researcher Intern at TechSmith youâ€™ll work along-side our experienced researchers in an agile software development environment. Youâ€™ll be able to conduct a variety user experience research activities like usability testing, ethnography, and diary studies for desktop applications and web services. We are advocates for users and of software usability and UCD, who strive to solve user problems and apply user-centered principles. We are currently looking for Interns for the Summer of 2013.
- Plan and conduct user research activities
- Participation in an user-centered design activities
- Evaluate designs and conduct usability testing methods to inform iterative design
Preferred Skills and Background:
- Requires at least 15 hours per week, preference for full-time for the summer
- HCI principles and training
- Knowledge of user interface and usability issues essential
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- You must be enrolled full-time in classes in order to be considered for an internship with TechSmith Corporation
Compensation and Perks:
Competitive based on skills and experience. This is an hourly position with the TechSmith Corporation. Hours are based on a consensus between you and your supervisor. We offer a fun and casual environment where you can wear jeans every day, drink free pop, and enjoy company-sponsored events.
- Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors or related field
- HCI and GUI design training desirable
- Familiarity with agile software development processes helpful
- Experience with research best practices, usability evaluation methods and collaborative decision-making techniques
TechSmith Corporation - 17 months ago
TechSmith Corporation was founded in 1987 and is located in Okemos, Michigan. TechSmith provides practical business software tools to...