Every day at PayPal, we are changing the way the world does business by challenging the status quo, innovating and enabling business between millions of people across the globe. What we do at PayPal has never been done before and it has a tremendous impact! We build BIG and NEW products to drive worldwide commerce. Be it the next mobile payments solution, or a high availability money movement platform, we solve problems on a scale you just can't find elsewhere. PayPal continues to push the boundaries of technology by investing in individuals who passionately believe in the potential of innovative technologies that make up a global market place.
User Experience Researcher
PayPal is looking for an energetic, eager, and experienced researcher with a passion to enhance the end-to-end experience for millions of PayPal customers worldwide. This senior researcher will be responsible for driving end-to-end research programs, using multiple qualitative and quantitative research methods to triangulate actionable insights for our UX professionals, Product & Marketing Managers, around the globe.
Do you have a creative eye for design? Do you ponder the interaction between people and their environment? Interested in creating leading edge rich websites and internet applications? Would you like to influence a growing global brand? If so, then we have a position for you! We are a passionate bunch of highly skilled UX specialists with a focus on defining and creatively addressing the needs of our customers.
- Using appropriate user-centered design methods, conduct research throughout the iterative design process.
- Plan, design, and conduct usability evaluations, including heuristic evaluations, card sorts, competitive analyses, cognitive walkthroughs, 1:1 discount usability sessions, field studies, focus groups, surveys, quantitative / large sample online usability methods, etc.
- Analyze and interpret data, compile professional reports and present findings to cross functional teams.
- Create personas, profiles, and usage scenarios based on research results.
- Keep abreast of current usability developments and new methodologies.
- Advanced degree in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering or other related discipline with a solid foundation in research-based design using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Demonstrated leadership in enhancing end customer experience by providing actionable insights while working with other User Experience professionals, Marketing & Product Management.
- Solid, demonstrated experience conducting usability research for large scale websites or web-based applications.
- Must be able to manage vendor relationships (e.g., recruiters, outsourcing research to outside firms).
- Experience writing appropriate discussion guides, screeners, test protocols, etc.
- Must be able to work independently and drive towards deadlines.
- Experience using recording tools like Tech Smith Morae & video editing skills.
- Experience with appropriate video capture and editing applications (e.g., Morae) and running a research lab is a nice to have.
- Experience with online/remote usability tools (UserZoom, Keynote WebEffective, etc.) is preferred.
- A comfort with statistical analysis and accounting for confidence intervals is a nice to have.
- An appreciation for the nuances of testing international products is a plus.
- Experience collaborating with team members from the world of Market Research & Web Analytics is preferred.
- Ability to rapidly prototype designs in PowerPoint, HTML, etc. is a nice to have.
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum team preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with distributed teams across multiple time zones is a nice to have.
- Experience conducting research on mobile devices like mobile phones and tablets is preferred.
PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 106 million active accounts in 190 markets and 25 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce.
At PayPal/eBay, no matter which of our offices, brands, or locations you call home, you’ll discover consistent benefits that are intended to support you—in your work, your life, your passions, and your future. This is where innovation meets reality! Are you an individual who is ready to grow and join our global community? Would you just like to know more about our latest and greatest projects? We would love to talk to you about it!
More information about our other exciting positions can be found at https://www.jobs.ebaycareers.com.
eBay companies are proudly EEOC compliant
Masters Degree or Equivalent
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...