No software application is used by more people than the web browser. There are dozens of browsers available today, but all of them are based on the same basic architecture introduced nearly two decades ago. Amazon Web Services (AWS) has formed a team to take a radically different approach to this application that is so central to the daily life of billions of customers. With our browser, Amazon Silk, we are leveraging the power of cloud computing to fundamentally change the way people experience the web.
Towards the goal of changing the way people experience the web, the Amazon Silk team is seeking an accomplished User Experience Researcher. We're looking for someone with strong user interface, usability, customer satisfaction measurement, and delivery skills to help create a best-in-class user experience that delights the millions of customers who use the Silk browser every day.
As a UX researcher, you will be the subject matter expert in the full spectrum of user interactions with the Silk browser. You will evaluate how well we satisfy our customers on each of these touch points, work with our designers and engineers to develop UX improvements, and own the ongoing measurement of the quality of the Silk UX. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class consumer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment of continuous innovation, where the release cycle involves working closely with product management, engineering and company leaders to successfully go from early stage product concepts, to launch, to measurement and continued iteration.
- Baseline the existing user experience, cataloging each point of customer interaction and developing a customer-driven measure of the quality of each
- Lead the creation and definition of effective and timely user research plans for both our existing UX and for contemplated changes
- Synthesize market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities and usability findings in making UX improvement recommendations
- Partner with the UI designers to develop evolutionary and revolutionary improvements, focusing on the highest value UX interactions
- Communicate quantitative customer data and user insights to various stakeholders in the organization, such as, design, development and business
- Work closely with the business team to prioritize UX improvement projects against other roadmap priorities
- Develop and manage an ongoing measurement regime to ensure consistent, quantitative progress towards the best-in-class goal
- At least 5 years of conducting user research in large-scale software industrial settings, or equivalent
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating, budgeting research)
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively with both technical and business audiences
- Excellent grasp of quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers in testing hypotheses and iterating on new concepts
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as graphic design, industrial design, or computer science or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in defining/designing consumer-facing UI/UX, particularly for web or consumer electronics properties
- Demonstrated expertise in creating high quality user experiences; capacity for contributing to highly usable designs and a propensity towards simplification
- Ability to turn around detailed mockups in an iterative, agile environment
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...