The User Interface team is responsible for the spoken and written messages provided to the end-users of Appriss products. Responsibilities include writing messages to clearly convey the meaning of the data, directing recording sessions with voice-over talent, editing and testing recorded audio, developing and maintaining scripting standards and documents, and following established usability test plans.
The successful candidate will possess a strong usability aesthetic and a keen eye and ear for cues needed to create efficient and effective end-user interactions; should have experience in working with developers to improve the user experience and the willingness to be customer-facing. In addition, the qualified candidate will be able to effectively serve as end-user surrogate and to perceptively evaluate the interfaces for usability and understandability. Attention to detail and accuracy must be a passion.
o BA in Communications or related field.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail and a systematic approach to completing tasks.
o Solid skills in planning and monitoring projects in a client-facing, cross-functional team environment.
o Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
o Ability to manage outside contractor relationships and to ensure on-time delivery.
o Ability to work creatively within a fairly restricted framework of system requirements.
o Ability to assist with systems and technical analysis.
o Ability to switch priorities and tasks quickly/work on multiple projects.
o Ability to engage fully and work cooperatively.
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.
Helpful / Preferred
o VUI experience or exposure.
o Recording studio experience.
o Public speaking or interpreting experience.
o Vocal coaching experience.
o Proficiency in Adobe Audition.
o Knowledge of the product development process.
o Ability to read basic if-logic statements.
o Second language fluency.
Functions and Responsibilities (in addition to other duties as assigned)
1. Exhibit behavior consistent with the Appriss ICARE values.
2. Craft clear and concise IVR prompts and web messaging.
3. Perform Usability Testing; make recommendations to developers, engineers, and customers.
4. Document scripts and test results.
5. Coach voice-over talent.
6. Sound-edit and process recorded audio.
7. Consistently pursue usability standards consistent with ease of use & clear communication.
8. Manage assigned project milestones within established guidelines and timeframes.
9. Take responsibility for learning how to use Appriss UI tools and make suggestions to improve the functionality of these tools.
10. Perform general administrative duties such as processing invoices, generating and filing Work and Purchase Orders, task tracking, and reporting time estimates to UI Manager.
11. Assist UI team in providing excellent service to Appriss customers and departments.
12. Assist Public Safety Group in problem-solving and team-building efforts.