Quest Software, an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems, is now an important component of Dell’s Software Group. Quest bolsters Dell’s competitive position in delivering end-to-end IT solutions and is a strong strategic fit with Dell’s software group.
As a UI Designer you’ll design attractive, intuitive, delightful and easy-to-use application user interfaces mostly for desktop enterprise applications on Windows 8 and some for tablet apps with a strong focus on user experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on cutting edge software applications at Dell Software Group’s Research and Development team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Designing and helping develop delightful User Interfaces mostly for Windows 8 / 7 Desktop Applications and some apps for Tablet (Windows 8, iPad, Android).
- Skilled in entire user centered design process – collecting requirements, sketching wireframes, visual design including creating pixel perfect prototypes, running design reviews, documentation via Wikis,
- Helping implement designs collaborating with developers on a constant basis.
- Work closely with product managers and software developers through all phases: conceptualization, design, documentation and implementation, testing and validation
- Designing data visualizations and infographics that convey complex information in an easy to understand and visually appealing way.
- Working with a number of products and brands and ensuring any graphics produced are consistent with relevant branding.
- Managing own time between multiple projects to fit delivery schedules.
- Working within a Software R&D team using Agile methodologies.
- Strong experience in Desktop Application Visual design AND Desktop UI development.
- An excellent eye for design. You should know great Ul when you see it, and be able to explain why it's great
- Should be an expert at Photoshop and be fluent in Illustrator or other professional design tools
- Proficiency with wireframes, storyboards, low-fi and hi-fi prototypes and mockups. Experience with Balsamiq or equivalent wireframe tools
- Proven track record and solid portfolio of work demonstrating strong knowledge of UX / IXD principles and techniques
- Experience with data visualization will be well regarded
Education and Other skills:
- Demonstrated experience translating complex product requirements and use case scenarios to application design that has been implemented on Windows desktop and tablets.
- Understand and challenge technology, constraints, development tools and methods (e.g. WPF, Silverlight, HTML5). You are aware of the latest technology trends.
- Experience with Expression Blend or equivalent .NET integrated design development workflows.
- Education in Graphic Design/Visual Design/Arts, HCI or equivalent, Computer Science is a plus.
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment without a lot of formal specifications
- Experience working in an agile environment with short iterations is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life At Dell
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 17 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...