Introducing Endless Mobile, access for the next billion.
Our mission is simple: we are connecting the unconnected. We want to change the world. And we are having fun doing it. We believe there is eloquence in simplicity. Strength in understatement. Brilliance in humility. If you are dedicated and passionate about making a difference, and to building something incredible, we should talk.
About the Company
One of the greatest opportunities of our era is hardly known. A billion people have computers. Six billion don't. With the impending wave of smartphones, the next billion people will soon have computers in their pockets. This affords us the opportunity to change lives at a scale never before possible. Education, health, livelihood: these are the things that a smartphone means to people in China, India, Brazil, Indonesia, and so many other parts of the globe. Endless Mobile is a company in San Francisco that exists to unlock the potential of smartphones in a powerful way that will impact the world. We have an incredible team, a cutting edge product, and unstoppable momentum. We are looking for a few amazing people to join us to change the world.
The Role: User Interface Designer
We call ourselves a technology company, but that is deceiving. We are an organization that is built on design. Design is more than just beauty; it is ease. For our users, our software will be the most beautiful thing that they own. But more importantly, ease of use is the difference between a roadblock of the unfamiliar and being able to engage with the world at their fingertips.
The UI designer will join our design team to make our product incredible. We are looking for someone with strong design opinions, but who can exist within an organization of others who share equally strong opinions with an open mind and confidence. Someone who can justify an opinion with theory and who is not afraid of jumping in and getting their hands dirty. You will soon discover that we are developing with the breadth of a dozen startups. We are looking for someone who can race on a dozen fronts. This person must have an inherent perfectionism and an incessant need to execute and produce. Nimbleness and a comfort with ambiguity are essential. You will join a team of designers working across multiple projects in multiple locations.
- B.A. in Visual Design or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience as a user interface designer for commercial, web, or mobile software
- Experience with full end-to-end, user-centered design processes, techniques, and deliverables
- Portfolio demonstrating superior visual design skills
- Proven track record of on-time, high-quality deliverables
- An impeccable eye
- The tools to produce what they see in their mind's eye
- Good understanding of information design, architecture, and industry best-practices
- Strong understanding of current research and literature in the usability field
- Solid understanding of software, internet technologies, and technological trends
We are developing a platform to give computers to the next billion people in the developing world - not by donating them or lowering costs -...